One of the interesting things to me about the MJL performance on Dick Cavett is that "Where Did Our Love Go" is back, even if only in medley form. Was Lynda's run when it returned, or did it come back when Cindy was still in the group?

I consider the removal of "Where" from the live act to be one of the biggest mysteries of the Supremes. As far as I can tell, the last time the original trio performed it was at the Copa in 65. I imagine it might have been in the act at Lincoln Center, but maybe not. In any case, we know that after 1965 the Supremes never performed their first monster hit [[and maybe their biggest seller until "Love Child") ever again while Diana was in the group. That's criminal. You would think it would have made an appearance during the last hits medley on Sullivan or at the Farewell.

So what happened? Was it Diana who requested the song be removed, since she supposedly didn't want to do it in the first place, and with her gone, the song was able to come back?

I've seen some fans offer that the song didn't come across well live, but I've always disagreed with that. I love the version on TAMI Show and Hullabaloo, and the 20 Grand performance.

Maybe Diana will tell us.

What's a mystery surrounding the group that you would love to get an answer about?