[REMOVE ADS]

Teresa Carpio & Lam - "One Love in My Lifetime"

Diana Ross, but make it Hong Kong. From 1978. Apologies if this has been posted before, but if not, enjoy:

Wow! I love the energy in this interpretation. Also, the instrumental break is outstanding...love the jazzy piano. Thank you for sharing this.

Wow, great find Sans!! I love this arrangement even more than Diana's. Not fond of the guy's voice, but this lady has some chops. This is good enough to add to my collection.

I really like the arrangement, being a lot more interesting than Diana’s. Would have sounded much better with just the female lead. I can sing better than this guy lol.

I love Diana's version, but listening to this makes me wonder if her version would have been better served as a duet. During her solo career at Motown she didn't do enough duets for me. Yes, we do have the Marvin album, which I adore, and of course the two songs she did with Lionel. Oh, and the two songs for Pops Gordy. And we're still waiting on the duet with Billy Preston on "Room Enough". But it would have been nice to have a couple more duets sprinkled across the albums, and I feel like "One Love" would have really worked. Maybe GC Cameron would have been good. Stevie? Probably Smokey.

More from Teresa Carpio....

^Thanks for that...she's really wonderful!

For me, what the "OLIML" cover lacks in the funky bass category, it makes up for in amping up the samba feel of the song.