[REMOVE ADS]

Scott Page Toured With Diana Ross

The famed saxophone player with Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Toto etc. who is almost as famous for his mullet.

Was enjoying a local interview of him 3/4/24 ....when of all people he brings up Diana Ross!!! Apparently he toured with her.

Now what he says about that is REALLY interesting. I'll elaborate, but first does anyone have any awareness of this fellow ....especially as it pertains to touring with Diana Ross [like when, how long , where?]

What did he say? Nice video but "I'm Still Waiting" lol

hee hee patience my dear!

Does no one know more about their association!?

he's an interesting guy , very active and very in tune to today's fast changing world ...

here's the mullet on display [its relevant to the story]

hee haw!

his comment about the look: business in the front, party in the back
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-04-2024 at 03:29 PM.

To hear this dialogue look for this podcast** [scroll down at right within black background of green box... gray scroll bar can be hard to find ...]

During dialogue;
    Go to 35:25 where Scott is finally asked about his mullet to which he answers, "I can actually thank Diana Ross for that" ...then the rest of the show is about his learning experience with her ...

**Hometown Radio 04/03/24 3p: Guest Host Jeff Bliss talks with Scott Page former member of Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Toto, Duran Duran, and other groups.

Dave Congalton

click:

https://www.920kvec.com/show/dave-co...ometown-radio/
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-05-2024 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    To hear this dialogue look for this podcast** [scroll down at right within black background of green box... gray scroll bar can be hard to find ...]

During dialogue;
    Go to 35:25 where Scott is finally asked about his mullet to which he answers, "I can actually thank Diana Ross for that" ...then the rest of the show is about his learning experience with her ...

**Hometown Radio 04/03/24 3p: Guest Host Jeff Bliss talks with Scott Page former member of Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Toto, Duran Duran, and other groups.

Dave Congalton

click:

https://www.920kvec.com/show/dave-co...ometown-radio/
    "She would do things over and over again to get a reaction" lol Interesting interview Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post
    "She would do things over and over again to get a reaction" lol Interesting interview Thanks!
    Good for you mindful to wade through the process to give it a listen! Wish it could be a more direct link.

Scott says only good things including the two became friends during this time ....early eighties, as that's when his mullet materialized.

Bottom line he made a point of studying her stage moves and how she developed a presence there that was more than just the actual singing, including the way she stood , the way she worked her hair. She also drew her audience into her by acknowledging their presence , picking certain people from different parts of the audience to focus on.

She didn't tell him to grow a mullet , but he knew that like her, he needed to find ways to make this little dot on stage in front of 18, 000 people become bigger than life.

[I wonder if he did Central Park ?]
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-07-2024 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Good for you mindful to wade through the process to give it a listen! Wish it could be a more direct link.

Scott says only good things including the two became friends during this time ....early eighties, as that's when his mullet materialized.

Bottom line he made a point of studying her stage moves and how she developed a presence there that was more than just the actual singing, including the way she stood , the way she worked her hair. She also drew her audience into her by acknowledging their presence , picking certain people from different parts of the audience to focus on.

She didn't tell him to grow a mullet , but he knew that like her, he needed to find ways to make this little dot on stage in front of 18, 000 people become bigger than life.

[I wonder if he did Central Park ?]
    Wow - so the working of the hair was deliberate! Wasn’t my favourite move