[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Mr. Wiltshire

Mr. Wiltshire

All of us collectors have probably seen the name Teacho Wiltshire on countless 45s. I have a question about him...now, I mainly listen to Internet radio shows like Johnny G's Vinyl Treasures show on YouTube and Dave the Rave's Relics and Rarities on the Top Shelf Oldies site. They constantly pronounce his first name as 'Tico', but I maintain that his name is pronounced as seen, i.e., Teach with an 'o' at the end, based on the fact that he cut a record as 'Teacho and His Students'. So, who is right on the pronunciation, the 'radio' guys or me? Thanks in advance for any insight. Hope everyone is doing well!

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    So, who is right on the pronunciation, the 'radio' guys or me? Thanks in advance for any insight.
    I suggest that the correct way to say his name is 'Teacho' the way that it is spelled. Wikipedia has an entry for him with lots of info about his work.

Teacho Wiltshire - Wikipedia

Thanks, Eddie!

Best,

Mark