[REMOVE ADS]

Cool My Motown Pre-Planned Cemetery Headstone is Set in Place

Name:  IMG_0572.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  20.1 KBName:  IMG_0571.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  20.0 KB

I just wanted to share this with the group. I'm originally from Oklahoma and wish to be buried near my hometown where many relatives, including my paternal grandparents, are buried. What I didn't spend on the burial plot compared to California costs, I spent on the granite headstone. I was asked about my interests in order to design something meaningful to my life. Classic Motown music is what I consider to be my life's soundtrack. The company came up with this concept and I couldn't resist going for it. The original proposed size was larger and more costly. I had it slightly reduced to cut the overall cost. This was set in place a few weeks ago. The company sent these photos to me when the final invoice was submitted to me for payment.
    Last edited by MotownLover; 03-27-2024 at 07:28 PM.

I like it. I've considered having the Motown "M" logo on mine at least, along with some of my other life's collecting interests. Our interests in life are what all our friends and family connect us with! Many around the area know me as a big Motown fan and a local historian with a love of antiques and pop culture.
    Darin

Very nice guys

Great idea.

You win #1 Motown fan ever.

I'm going to have a CD with the Motown lable with the word "Stick it in me" on it.

"It's what's in the graves that count"

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    "It's what's in the graves that count"
    Careful. Round about midnight, the ghouls just might start rising up. We need a few bats flapping around, and it'll be perfect LOL
    Last edited by Starguard4; 03-28-2024 at 09:44 PM.

That's really beautiful! My only concern is that thieves will be mighty tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    That's really beautiful! My only concern is that thieves will be mighty tempted.
    That's why I'm not telling y'all exactly where it is located!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  21.1 KB
    My uncle [[the family comedian) was buried with his favourite record [ 1936 Okeh 78 of "The Laughing Cowboy" - with mostly laughing [[rather than yodelling)), amongst other curios. Could I fit all my 40,000 45s and 4,000 LPs in a casket with my body? It would be a really large box! I wouldn't advertise what might be inside it by having a Motown record for a headstone. It would be desecrated worse than the Egyptian Pharaohs' tombs by the ghosts of R&B Harmony group collectors, and a few unscrupulous Northern Soul collectors!

For those who rather be cremated yet love Motown, maybe one can get an urn to be decorated with the cover shot of a favorite Motown album or 45?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    For those who rather be cremated yet love Motown, maybe one can get an urn to be decorated with the cover shot of a favorite Motown album or 45?
Views: 152
    Your children would need to have appreciated your love of Motown music as a big thing in your life [[and probably appreciate the music too - because you introduced it to them) - to give it meaning to them, and for it to keep fond memories of you in their minds whenever they see it. Actually, just keeping one of your Motown LPs on their fireplace mantle would perform that same function. The urn or LP would bring memories of you to them daily, whereas, they'd only see your gravestone periodically. It's similar to me having photos of my parents, and my share of my father's WWII military medals.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I forgot to say my cremated remains will be buried here.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownLover View Post
    I forgot to say my cremated remains will be buried HERE.
Views: 146
    Buried deep on the bottom of a classic thread from 2001!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MotownLover View Post
    That's why I'm not telling y'all exactly where it is located!
    Smart thinking, although I would trust the Motown Forum gang before I would trust John Q. Public!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Smart thinking, although I would trust the Motown Forum gang before I would trust John Q. Public!
    Just joking with the members. I would trust the precise coordinates with you guys.
    What to do with my Motown vinyl and CD collection is a concern. I know I can't take it all with me, but having them interred with my urn might be an option. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
    Last edited by MotownLover; 04-01-2024 at 06:43 PM.