[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Tv is one thing, you have to catch them when they’re on. Radio is a different story.

remember I’m Gonna Make You Love Me was never performed on TV but was in regular rotation on the radio
    That’s still a sizeable amount of prime time promotion. Look what happened with “Missing You” when Diana performed it at the American Music Awards. The power of tv.
    I seriously doubt it, but do you think it would have become a sizeable hit with more airplay?. It certainly would have proved a boost for Mary.

But missing you was in Regular rotation on the radio and the video was also in rotation on NTV and BET. If He’s my man had a decent amount of radio airplay, who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    That’s still a sizeable amount of prime time promotion. Look what happened with “Missing You” when Diana performed it at the American Music Awards. The power of tv.
    I seriously doubt it, but do you think it would have become a sizeable hit with more airplay?. It certainly would have proved a boost for Mary.

But missing you was in Regular rotation on the radio and the video was also in rotation on NTV and BET. If He’s my man had a decent amount of radio airplay, who knows
    I’m a little confused as you previously posted the song would never have been a hit, even with Scherrie on lead.
    I do agree that had it been released mid 74 it would have stood a much better chance.

I said it’s all been said before might have worked if it was released in 74. I then said HMM would not have been a hit even if Scherrie was doing the full lead. And the reason I Said that is lack of radio play here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I’m a little confused as you previously posted the song would never have been a hit, even with Scherrie on lead.
    I do agree that had it been released mid 74 it would have stood a much better chance.

I said it’s all been said before might have worked if it was released in 74. I then said HMM would not have been a hit even if Scherrie was doing the full lead. And the reason I Said that is lack of radio play here.
    I was getting a bit confused as you didn’t mention lack of radio play when first commenting on a Scherrie lead and how the song was unlikely to hit. All sorted.