We've often talked of the "what if"s regarding HDH remaining at Motown and the direction they would have taken DRATS. "Reflections" was sort of a final progression of sound before the group took a step back with "In and Out of Love", which apparently was completed and released during a self imposed work "shortage" of the production team. "Forever Came Today" also has a progressive sound, but it was completed and released either around the time HDH left or right after they left. It has been suggested HDH didn't even complete it, someone else did. So it's entirely possible that "Forever" didn't make it out exactly how HDH might have heard it when originally crafted.

Viewing "Forever" as a misstep single, we've tossed around a few ideas of what might have been a better release. I think most of us agree there is very little- with what we know- that was worthy of single release at that point. However, I can't recall "I'm Gonna Make It" ever being a topic of conversation. It's not a favorite of mine, but I do like it. And I think it has some of the contemporary elements of the evolving Motown Sound.

So my question is what do you think of "I'm Gonna Make It" as a single? Good idea, bad idea? Top 20? Top 10? Number one? Different mix or as is?