[REMOVE ADS]

BREAKING NEWS: Martha Reeves date for Hollywood Walk of Fame

not bad!

she's a block up from Elvis star and a couple blocks from Grauman's Chinese Theatre, opposite side of the street.

Good for her! She deserves it.

You can watch the live stream of the ceremony starting at 2:30 PM EST...

https://www.youtube.com/live/Qzyezum...PdC18j_xXQjhMt

Congratulations to Martha Reeves on getting Her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!!

Berry and Claudette and Smokey were there with Martha in an oversized hat - looking very happy

Stevie there too, showing his love for our beautiful Martha, Motowns' greatest Ambassador.LOved seeing that also there were Janie Bradford, Freda Payne, Scherrie Payne, Mickey Stevenson, Marthas' son Eric. Wished me & my brothers & niece could have been there.

That did my heart good! Martha is really enjoying herself and is sharp as a tack!
    That Hollywood crowd sure knows how to throw a party....nobody thought to play a little DANCIN IN THE STREET? Luckily, Stevie came in just the right mood to brighten the festivities!

And at 46:12 when they slung that plastic chair out for Martha then left her there to sit herself down in it on her own! good grief !!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-28-2024 at 07:00 PM.

So glad to see Berry, Smokey, Claudette, Stevie & Mickey Stevenson in this picture from Martha' Hollywood Walk Of Fame event!

Wow, the surviving members of the Motown "family" showed up for Miss Martha. IKTR!

I was a bit surprised Otis wasn't present, and maybe not as surprised but also Brenda Holloway, being both are west coast residents. Neither were mentioned anyways.....

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    I was a bit surprised Otis wasn't present, and maybe not as surprised but also Brenda Holloway, being both are west coast residents. Neither were mentioned anyways.....
    Otis was likely touring with the Temptations. Brenda... when's the last time she's been in the public?

And at 45:12 when they slung that plastic chair out for Martha then left her there to sit herself down in it on her own! good grief !!

more "chairgate":

at 6:00 - Martha is pissed that someone stole her chair. ---Who took my chair? Gimme my chair!!
    at 46:00- Berry G almost knocks Martha and her hat out of her chair.
    at 23:10 - Smokey Robinson is dismissive of someone trying to help him from his chair.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-28-2024 at 06:57 PM.

I heard Willie Tyler was announced as being in the audience. Wonder what happened to Lester??????????????? Where was he???????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I heard Willie Tyler was announced as being in the audience. Wonder what happened to Lester??????????????? Where was he???????????????????
    He was on Willie Tyler's arm.

Willie Tyler and Lester can be seen very briefly in the lower left of the screen at the 22:56 mark.....

Seems newsworthy that Berry Gordy speaks publicly here for the first time since [?] yet Motown devotees come away from it with nothing??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Seems newsworthy that Berry Gordy speaks publicly here for the first time since [?] yet Motown devotees come away from it with nothing??
    Mr. Gordy was great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Willie Tyler and Lester can be seen very briefly in the lower left of the screen at the 22:56 mark.....
    I doubt anyione but major Motown fans would know who Lester is.

Sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-01-2024 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mr. Gordy was great IMO.
    My takeaway is Mr. Gordy is in fine physical and mental shape and attended with the right supportive attitude. Motown [and getting out from it when he did] has done him very well. He seems to be in a very good place, at least on this day !!

He brought his A game!

unlike Stevie Wonder.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-01-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    FYI, Yes...Lester was there with Willie.