[REMOVE ADS]

The night Whitney Houston died

The show went on was that disrespectful for Clive Davis to do such a thing she passed away in the same hotel at the same time they were having the party Diana Ross was not too happy

For Houston fans yes.
    But in show business, the show must go on.

I never really understood why the body wasn’t removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I never really understood why the body wasn’t removed.
    Not wanting to get too morbid here, but I'm guessing that it would have taken quite a bit of time for police to complete their due diligence, with investigating and reporting on the scene. Considering the nature of how she died, they would have had to spend quite a bit of time ruling out any foul play. Also considering it was a hotel, there is the extra factor that the hotel would be liable if there was any sign a of health and safety hazard that contributed to her sudden death. Unfortunately in these situations, a scene cannot be cleared until the police have given their go ahead to do so.

I do agree that considering Clive's long-time friendship with Whitney, it was an odd thing for him to have proceeded with the event that evening. Everyone deals with grief in different ways and I'm sure he was still in a state of shock and also wanted to distract himself from his grief. It is true that the show goes on, but it was a very strange and morbid situation, considering it was all happening in the same building, within a matter of hours.

Being a Whitney fan, I remember at the time that I was upset that he had proceeded with the party. I loved that Chaka Khan went on Larry King to voice her frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Not wanting to get too morbid here, but I'm guessing that it would have taken quite a bit of time for police to complete their due diligence, with investigating and reporting on the scene. Considering the nature of how she died, they would have had to spend quite a bit of time ruling out any foul play. Also considering it was a hotel, there is the extra factor that the hotel would be liable if there was any sign a of health and safety hazard that contributed to her sudden death. Unfortunately in these situations, a scene cannot be cleared until the police have given their go ahead to do so.
    That makes sense.

It should have been cancelled in Whitney's honor

Carlo is right - there is no way the body was going to be quickly removed - they would need medical, police and the coroner to complete their work.

It seems pretty strange to me to be going ahead with the party. Would Berry have gone ahead if it was Diana?

Good God! You gals love a good death story don't you?