[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by telekin View Post
    Apologies from me also. Funny how these things get repeated enough times, they just become part of the legend, as it were!

Regarding the supposed dress code, here's a quote from an interview Suzanne de Passe gave to EBONY magazine for the DVD release:

https://www.ebony.com/suzanne-de-pas...motown-25-250/
    Well, there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Aha, Mary's famous RED HOT number!!

Do you really think they look fantastic? They look at odds with each other to me.

That Cindy's dress was borrowed at least explains why it has an untailored look in the way it fits. What's the story here? It doesn't occur to Cindy that she'll need a dress to wear??
    The three look like they were pulled out of the audience that night to perform arbitrarily together. Far from conveying the Supremes.
    I do think they look fantastic. That was really the first time I'd seen Cindy after the Supremes. She looked great, even if her gown was boxy.

Diana always looks great. Did she have a run in her nylon hose though? I thought I once read that. I don't see one.

Mary is STUNNING. That strut, paired with the glitter in her hair and the fantastic red dress is perfection.

And Mary's dress DID coordinate with Diana's tongue. So there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by telekin View Post
    Apologies from me also. Funny how these things get repeated enough times, they just become part of the legend, as it were!

Regarding the supposed dress code, here's a quote from an interview Suzanne de Passe gave to EBONY magazine for the DVD release:

https://www.ebony.com/suzanne-de-pas...motown-25-250/
    She would've been OK with MARY showing up in a potatoe sack ... first of all, she shouldn't have been, and secondly I bet those thoughts weren't the same for Diana. And for heavens sakes coordinating costumes [and at a minimum making sure poor Cindy and everyone else has something suitable to wear] is kind of a standard practice.

Suzanne shouldn't have been navigating BILLIE HOLIDAY and as can be seen, she shouldn't have been navigating .....

[she's making a joke because to pull this off was so difficult and unlikely that even wearing potato sacks would've been ok ...whatever it takes .....but Mary never would have done that and there's nothing funny about Cindy being in such a situation that she had to borrow clothes]
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-18-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I do think they look fantastic. That was really the first time I'd seen Cindy after the Supremes. She looked great, even if her gown was boxy.

Diana always looks great. Did she have a run in her nylon hose though? I thought I once read that. I don't see one.

Mary is STUNNING. That strut, paired with the glitter in her hair and the fantastic red dress is perfection.

And Mary's dress DID coordinate with Diana's tongue. So there is that.
    mary really is stunning as she walks, no STRUTS out on the stage. and i know i've bitched about her changing things up. i do agree with the decision for each woman to enter by herself. even if that "wasn't planned"

the gown, the glitter in her wig, the slit up the dress, the 10,000,000 watt smile and when she picks up her mic and does the alto line on the chorus - perfection

I've read that Scherrie was in the audience for Motown 25. Were there any other Supremes? I can't imagine Jean was there, but perhaps Lynda or Sus?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    mary really is stunning as she walks, no STRUTS out on the stage. and i know i've bitched about her changing things up. i do agree with the decision for each woman to enter by herself. even if that "wasn't planned"

the gown, the glitter in her wig, the slit up the dress, the 10,000,000 watt smile and when she picks up her mic and does the alto line on the chorus - perfection
    what's the point of the strutting? she then walks up to Diana without a clue of how to interact. Mary stands in front of Diana. Not choreographed at all as Diana tries to group them with her arms and Cindy accepts while Mary ignores.
    "
    I think the "Mary and Cindy" is dubbed in later when Diana has her back to the audience making it appear as a very odd intro with Diana not facing the audience. The real introduction was probably something more substantial but got vetoed and was cut out.

yes definitely touched up:

Diana can be heard still finishing her " together" when "Mary & Cindy" gets laid on top of it. then a chunk is edited out ... you can hear audience applause jump
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-19-2024 at 02:19 PM.

what's the point of the strutting? she then walks up to Diana without a clue of how to interact. Mary stands in front of Diana. Not choreographed at all as Diana tries to group them with her arms and Cindy accepts while Mary ignores.
    "
    I think the "Mary and Cindy" is dubbed in later when Diana has her back to the audience making it appear as a very odd intro with Diana not facing the audience. The real introduction was probably something more substantial but got vetoed and was cut out.

yes definitely touched up:

Diana can be heard still finishing her " together" when "Mary & Cindy" gets laid on top of it.
    my interpretation of her strut is that she was super proud to be a supreme. i've certainly aired my opinions on mary's behavior that evening and i think there are multiple instances where she did NOT act supremely. but i wouldn't categorize this as one. i don't think she was trying to over do the attitude or anything.

similar to how i think she made the decision herself to NOT walk out at the exact same time as Cindy. again that might not have been the exact instruction from the producers during the brief rehearsal but i don't see that as being highly egregious or diva-ish in behavior.

and as you mention, the choreography was VERY informal. when M and C were finally both by Diana's side, she warmly puts her arms around them and they're all right there. beautiful

as for the "Mary? and Cindy?" my guess is the whole 90 seconds or so that we actually got was so cobbled together, so who knows. I don't necessarily think it was recorded later. seriously doubt diana would bother coming back to a studio to re-record parts. maybe there was actually another chorus that Diana sang by herself that was cut. again, i think the final 90 seconds was such a masterclass in creative editing lol

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    hehehe should we really take this thread sideways and get into the RTL discussion again? with Scherrie's comments about how Mary's manager later regretted their approach/decision?

i do remember chats years ago about the idea of the other ladies participating in the tour. Scherrie and Lynda had the benefit, along with Mary, of being very active with touring. so the producers could have easily found very recent clips of them performing and confirmed that their pipes were all in excellent condition. but Jean and Cindy were not at all active so i don't think it's completely inappropriate that the producers might say "hmmm are they up to a big high-profile tour?"

I thought that in some discussion that someone mentioned the producers wanting the other women to sort of "audition" or something. i'm really, really trying to dust off old memories and i don't want to misquote anyone. i sort of thought Susaye was mentioning some of this on one of those old Midnight Johnnie radio shows. i don't know if she implied it or others but some of the women were like "audition?!?!? of all the nerve!!" again, i'm not trying to put words in susaye's or anyone's mouth.

my interpretation of her strut is that she was super proud to be a supreme. i've certainly aired my opinions on mary's behavior that evening and i think there are multiple instances where she did NOT act supremely. but i wouldn't categorize this as one. i don't think she was trying to over do the attitude or anything.

similar to how i think she made the decision herself to NOT walk out at the exact same time as Cindy. again that might not have been the exact instruction from the producers during the brief rehearsal but i don't see that as being highly egregious or diva-ish in behavior.

and as you mention, the choreography was VERY informal. when M and C were finally both by Diana's side, she warmly puts her arms around them and they're all right there. beautiful

as for the "Mary? and Cindy?" my guess is the whole 90 seconds or so that we actually got was so cobbled together, so who knows. I don't necessarily think it was recorded later. seriously doubt diana would bother coming back to a studio to re-record parts. maybe there was actually another chorus that Diana sang by herself that was cut. again, i think the final 90 seconds was such a masterclass in creative editing lol
    I added this:
    then a chunk is edited out ... you can hear audience applause jump
    something gets cut out here.

and why would Diana stop singing "Together" mid-word?? so yes maybe there was another chorus or two [or more] in there that got removed ....as Diana just got worse and worse lol!

But who introduces people to the stage with their back to the audience they are being introduced to? ...don't make no sense!

You're using the word strut which works ...I'm going to say "charged" out on stage ....lazer focused on the evil Diana and totally ignoring the cheering audience no greeting or smile or nod. Her gate seems a bit fast too, if it weren't for those dam shoes she'd have jogged over there, lol!

Cindy: now Cindy strolls [not struts or charges] ...sways to the music, smiles, changes the mic into her other hand while waving with the crowd ...

She has it paced right.

hee haw Diana almost has to guide Mary to turn to the crowd ''uh hello, the audience is out there"
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-19-2024 at 03:26 PM.

hehehe should we really take this thread sideways and get into the RTL discussion again? with Scherrie's comments about how Mary's manager later regretted their approach/decision?

i do remember chats years ago about the idea of the other ladies participating in the tour. Scherrie and Lynda had the benefit, along with Mary, of being very active with touring. so the producers could have easily found very recent clips of them performing and confirmed that their pipes were all in excellent condition. but Jean and Cindy were not at all active so i don't think it's completely inappropriate that the producers might say "hmmm are they up to a big high-profile tour?"
    I thought that in some discussion that someone mentioned the producers wanting the other women to sort of "audition" or something. i'm really, really trying to dust off old memories and i don't want to misquote anyone. i sort of thought Susaye was mentioning some of this on one of those old Midnight Johnnie radio shows. i don't know if she implied it or others but some of the women were like "audition?!?!? of all the nerve!!" again, i'm not trying to put words in susaye's or anyone's mouth.

Scherrie makes it all sound so simple. Even Mary’s manager made it sound so simple.

At times, I think it’s the fans that complicate it and caused more of the problems - especially the ones that were really crazy and are gone from here.

It also reminds me that I got told 20 years ago that the Supremes as we know and loved them ended in 1967 for them.

Scherrie makes it all sound so simple. Even Mary’s manager made it sound so simple.

At times, I think it’s the fans that complicate it and caused more of the problems - especially the ones that were really crazy and are gone from here.

It also reminds me that I got told 20 years ago that the Supremes as we know and loved them ended in 1967 for them.
    I remember a quote from Mary saying that the meeting they had in April 1967 after the New Orleans fiasco was the last time they were the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I remember a quote from Mary saying that the meeting they had in April 1967 after the New Orleans fiasco was the last time they were the Supremes.
    That’s sad to hear.

I didn’t hear it from a Supreme or Berry but it was the next closest thing - but I better not divulge the name.

That’s sad to hear.

I didn’t hear it from a Supreme or Berry but it was the next closest thing - but I better not divulge the name.
    La Tonita Turner?

La Tonita Turner?
    Or Shantel Baker?

Or Shantel Baker?
    Oh there you go again writing those magic words...
    You know it was Shantel. I heard she was very close to the group at that time and even subbed for Ms. Ross on occasions.

What stood out to me about Scherrie's interview was her recollection of Diana basically saying all Mary had to do was show up. Diana would never have accepted a "just show up" position, why should Mary? And then Mary thinking Diana was making more money than she actually was, so what? Diana was putting money into the show and if she stood to make more from the profits, good for her. What would Mary have done if Diana said put up some money for the expenses of the show? Mary would have thought Diana was crazy. The whole episode was just so silly, again, evidence of their lack of effectively communicating. And we the fans lost out.

Did anyone hear Scherrie say Latoya Jackson was going to take Mary’s place in the Supremes?

So, according to Scherrie, Mary's manager was negotiating and when they accepted they were told the train left the station. So, Mary did accept. Maybe after the timeline the producers wanted but they were at fault, as well. Shouldn't they have said your deadline to accept is such and such time. They deserve blame. Mary wanted to be compensated and part of the planning. Diana just wanted her to show up. Just like Motown 25, lack of communication while producers pulled the strings.

When I read the comments on here, while I don’t think Mary had totally lost Diana forever by 1983 like Randy wrote, I do think the didn’t care for each other much or trust each other much by then - they just tolerated each other.

So everyone lost out in the end. To keep things from getting away on everyone, someone has to care and try and it just never happened.

The same conversation, twelve different ways.

It seems to me that whenever a group reunites; The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, The Go-Go's, Motley Crue, the list goes on and on, each member is given equal say, and equal pay. That happens because not one member alone is "fronting" the tour.

RTL would have NEVER worked, period; not with Diana having "stake" and Mary and Cindy "just showing up".

The tour was Diana Ross AND the Supremes.

If there was that much interest, Diana and Mary should have sat down, hashed it out, acquired an independent party to finance, then got Cindy on board. That was NEVER going to happen either, so what we got, we got. And we got nothing, except 24 years of bitching on SDF.

Anyone else find it weird they start the song midway through? Diana doesn't sing the first two verses. When Mary and Cindy join her, she starts singing the third verse which is odd to me.

There are a few cuts/edits that stand out to me.

1.) When Diana moves forward and Mary and Cindy follow, it then cuts to her introducing them "This is Mary Wilson and that's Cindy Birdsong" and if you notice Cindy, she appears to be singing "cry cry cry" but we don't hear her and Mary is visibly singing "oooo" but you hear "bye bye bye" from her. The conductor in the back is also clearly conducting something different than the music we hear. So there was clearly some magic editing there with the image and sound. The physical altercation between Diana and Mary must have happened between "Oh, oh, baby, ever, ever, ever / Ever, ever and ever since that day / All I wanna do, all I wanna do was cry, cry, oh" but that's not heard nor sung except for seeing Cindy mouth "cry cry cry."

2.) Later when Smokey comes out and hugs Diana, she looks like she's about to sing the word "ever" as part of the line "I want to hold you ever so tight" while still embracing him but then it cuts to her on the edge of the stage by herself and Smokey standing back with Mary and Cindy. Something was cut there. Also Mary is heard finishing the line "I want to hold you ever so tight and ooo let me say" but we don't see her mouthing those words after the cut when Diana's toward the edge of the stage.

3.) The finale is also a huge pile of edits. One minute High Inergy are on stage and the next shows them walking out. Also we see Diana singing "Reach Out And Touch" but I never hear her. Mary is quite prominent vocally during the credits and even Cindy can be heard but no Diana. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Anyone else find it weird they start the song midway through? Diana doesn't sing the first two verses. When Mary and Cindy join her, she starts singing the third verse which is odd to me.

1.) When Diana moves forward and Mary and Cindy follow, it then cuts to her introducing them "This is Mary Wilson and that's Cindy Birdsong" and if you notice Cindy, she appears to be singing "cry cry cry" but we don't hear her and Mary is visibly singing "oooo" but you hear "bye bye bye" from her. The conductor in the back is also clearly conducting something different than the music we hear. So there was clearly some magic editing there with the image and sound. The physical altercation between Diana and Mary must have happened between "Oh, oh, baby, ever, ever, ever / Ever, ever and ever since that day / All I wanna do, all I wanna do was cry, cry, oh" but that's not heard nor sung except for seeing Cindy mouth "cry cry cry."

2.) Later when Smokey comes out and hugs Diana, she looks like she's about to sing the word "ever" as part of the line "I want to hold you ever so tight" while still embracing him but then it cuts to her on the edge of the stage by herself and Smokey standing back with Mary and Cindy. Something was cut there. Also Mary is heard finishing the line "I want to hold you ever so tight and ooo let me say" but we don't see her mouthing those words after the cut when Diana's toward the edge of the stage.

3.) The finale is also a huge pile of edits. One minute High Inergy are on stage and the next shows them walking out. Also we see Diana singing "Reach Out And Touch" but I never hear her. Mary is quite prominent vocally during the credits and even Cindy can be heard but no Diana. Very odd.
    During the finale, you also hear a woman's voice singing "we'll be to-geeee-ther", but it's not Diana or Mary, or from what I can tell, even Cindy. To me, it sounds like Dionne Warwick.

During the finale, you also hear a woman's voice singing "we'll be to-geeee-ther", but it's not Diana or Mary, or from what I can tell, even Cindy. To me, it sounds like Dionne Warwick.
    https://youtu.be/Jg525igqSnk?si=oWnSZNVzGlpPLzLj

Listen for "Dionne" around 8:20.

Also, at about 8:30, you can clearly see Diana and hear Diana, but she's clearly not singing.

One more thing:

Where this video starts, the Supremes "montage" including the multiple STOP!'s is different in this video than the one that I have on my original M25 VHS. Does anyone know why the clips changed? Licensing?

Listen for "Dionne" around 8:20.

Also, at about 8:30, you can clearly see Diana and hear Diana, but she's clearly not singing.
    I think maybe you're hearing Mary Wilson. She hogs the mic until its finally wrestled away from her and given to Stevie Wonder and then she has to just stand there and hand clap. But not to worry, somehow Mary gets the mic back and that voice returns yelling TOUCH!! right as the credits read Produced By Don Mischner and whoever and she continues and then does some scatting ... [oh and then Diana alley cat wails] does someone say hold my arms ?

The audience isn't exactly feeling it. Only the first row is on their feet and there are lots of empty seats and some can be seen leaving even before its ended. Were I witnessing this rare spectacle of stars I'd have consumed every last second.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-20-2024 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

When it first aired, I thought it was strange that SOMEDAY started at the bridge. But finding out later that it was going to be a part of a medley made it make more sense. Given that the medley seems to have been cancelled at the last minute, Gil probably didn't have time to update the chart.

On YouTube, there is a version of the show that seems to be taken from the first broadcast. The finale there is slightly different from what we see on the home video version. For instance, there's a shot where Ashford and Simpson can be seen a bit more than what ended up on the home video.

Re the finale, I hear Diana quite a bit during REACH OUT AND TOUCH. You see a brief single shot of her on the orchestra stand and she can be heard there. Later, as the credits rolled, the only ones I can hear are Diana and Mary.
    Last edited by reese; 03-20-2024 at 10:32 AM.

I think that Martha Reeves. If it was Dionne, they probably would have shown her on camera. I haven't seen any photos of her at the event.

One more thing:

Where this video starts, the Supremes "montage" including the multiple STOP!'s is different in this video than the one that I have on my original M25 VHS. Does anyone know why the clips changed? Licensing?
    More than likely. I think there are some different clips in Dick Clark's montage as well.

I think maybe you're hearing Mary Wilson. She hogs the mic until its finally wrestled away from her and given to Stevie Wonder and then she has to just stand there and hand clap. But not to worry, somehow Mary gets the mic back and that voice returns yelling TOUCH!! right as the credits read Produced By Don Mischner and whoever and she continues and then does some scatting ... [oh and then Diana alley cat wails] does someone say hold my arms ?

The audience isn't exactly feeling it. Only the first row is on their feet and there are lots of empty seats and some can be seen leaving even before its ended. Were I witnessing this rare spectacle of stars I'd have consumed every last second.
    I love the humour you seem to post with

While you care, there seems to be an underlying amusement that we are talking seriously about a non life threatening event that occurred 41 years ago - that most of the world doesn’t even know happened

It nicely takes us away from Gaza, gun violence, and old men running for offices they really aren’t well suited for

Nice job

This and more being possible reasons we will never get a warts and all book from Diana, especially with so much questionable behaviour to defend.
    I certainly hope not as her story is a rather fascinating one.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 03-20-2024 at 06:50 AM.

oh i'm sure a significant portion of all of it was due to fans and all. and imagine if there had been social media back then!! sweet baby jesus!

oh i'm sure a significant portion of all of it was due to fans and all. and imagine if there had been social media back then!! sweet baby jesus!
    Honey, those Yahoo Groups and message boards were 🔥!

Honey, those Yahoo Groups and message boards were ��!
    I used to have a lot of fun in those groups and found some great info. But it was very weird when another poster started taking my posts and posting them verbatim in other groups. In the end, it wasn't like I was posting sacred secrets but still...

Honey, those Yahoo Groups and message boards were ��!
    i never got much into those. i was always here. i just didn't do much with yahoo or aol groups lol

Honey, those Yahoo Groups and message boards were !
    Man I miss those yahoo groups

I love the humour you seem to post with

While you care, there seems to be an underlying amusement that we are talking seriously about a non life threatening event that occurred 41 years ago - that most of the world doesn’t even know happened

It nicely takes us away from Gaza, gun violence, and old men running for offices they really aren’t well suited for

Nice job
    yes Rob, I have very lofty diversionary asperations. and I guess 'seeming' to be humorous is better than not at all Ill take it!
    My commentary can't help but be humourous ....it's simply reporting what I observe that's actually going on. Mary Wilson does surrender her mic I guess to Stevie because they show a brief clip of him singing into one @ 9:43 with Mary hovering over him clapping [actually she's shaking her clinched fists] while she anxiously waits to get that mic back and return to filling the air with her voice. [I wouldn't be surprised if she yanks the mic from him , "OK that's enough!"] From the distant closing shots you can see her firmly fixed front and center again with the mic in hand .....while hearing her carrying on and on.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-20-2024 at 11:31 AM.

yes Rob, I have very lofty diversionary asperations. and I guess 'seeming' to be humorous is better than not at all Ill take it!
    My commentary can't help but be humourous ....it's simply reporting what I observe that's actually going on. Mary Wilson does surrender her mic I guess to Stevie because they show a brief clip of him singing into one @ 9:43 with Mary hovering over him clapping [actually she's shaking her clinched fists] while she anxiously waits to get that mic back and return to filling the air with her voice. [I wouldn't be surprised if she yanks the mic from him , "OK that's enough!"] From the distant closing shots you can see her firmly fixed front and center again with the mic in hand .....while hearing her carrying on and on.
    In her first book, when Mary writes about the MOTOWN 25 finale, she says that she looked over and saw Stevie and Martha Reeves sharing a mike and thought about how close they all were. Then she realized Stevie wanted the mike all to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In her first book, when Mary writes about the MOTOWN 25 finale, she says that she looked over and saw Stevie and Martha Reeves sharing a mike and thought about how close they all were. Then she realized Stevie wanted the mike all to himself.
    ya ....Mary realized that when Stevie asked her for hers! hee haw!
    At 9:45 Mary guards over him less than a foot away making dam sure she gets that thing back!!!

@ 9:48: "Oh Gawd, here comes that darn Marvin . What does he want? And Smokey! With mics! I gotta hurry up and get mine back, they're trying to get my place up front!"
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-21-2024 at 11:06 AM.

Hey Rob are you ready for more what seems to be humour??

Let's focus on : 9:08 Somehow Mary has lucked out and has managed to preserve her spot right next to Berry Gordy just as SOMEDAY comes to a finale and much of the stage is raising their arms, some joined upward. So someone [?] has Berry's right arm and for his left arm, Berry and Mary are hand in hand, arms raised. Mary is singing 'ya ya.... YAAAAAA' very loudly right toward Berry. Then watch at 9:17 where something odd happens. Berry's and Mary's arms come down very hard. One of them does that to the other. What's to be made of that??

Added: [Looking again closely, Mary lifts Berry's arm in the first place]
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-21-2024 at 02:41 PM.

So there are actually three hands and arms holding up Berr'y right hand

Hey Rob are you ready for more what seems to be humour??

Let's focus on : 9:08 Somehow Mary has lucked out and has managed to preserve her spot right next to Berry Gordy just as SOMEDAY comes to a finale and much of the stage is raising their arms, some joined upward. So someone [?] has Berry's right arm and for his left arm, Berry and Mary are hand in hand, arms raised. Mary is singing 'ya ya.... YAAAAAA' very loudly right toward Berry. Then watch at 9:17 where something odd happens. Berry's and Mary's arms come down very hard. One of them does that to the other. What's to be made of that??

Added: [Looking again closely, Mary lifts Berry's arm in the first place]

for those of you still playing along:

Berry's left arm drops first.... coming down with enough momentum that their arms sort of bounce off of Mary's thigh.
    It seems unlikely that Berry would only pull one of his arms down, wouldn't he drop them together?
    Unless Berry did that hoping to break free of Mary's grip.
    That's one way to look at it.*

But it looks to me that the reason that arm comes down first is because Mary yanks it, still clinging to his hand, pulling Berry into her and in the process forcing him to look to her and oblige a hug.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-22-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Has Diana ever mentioned why she clambered above the orchestra pit, separating herself from everyone else?.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 03-22-2024 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Has Diana ever mentioned why she clambered above the orchestra pit, separating herself from everyone else?.
    He haw Ollie! Was leading up to that. You beat me to the punch. Go ahead take it ...

He haw Ollie! Was leading up to that. You beat me to the punch. Go ahead take it ...
    Perhaps the emotion of the occasion got to her and she just needed some me time.

She wanted to look down on all the Motown magnificence she & Berry had created/wrought!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    She wanted to look down on all the Motown magnificence she & Berry had created/wrought!
    I believe she climbed up to the orchestra to let a fart rip among the instruments, no one being the wiser that one of the bass notes came from her booty, not the tuba. At least that's the word on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I believe she climbed up to the orchestra to let a fart rip among the instruments, no one being the wiser that one of the bass notes came from her booty, not the tuba. At least that's the word on the street.
    Ran, I don't about you, but I can clearly hear the Andantes' background farts. I can't tell if Mary is also farting, but I'm sure Flo is not in the fart mixology.

What do you think???

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Ran, I don't about you, but I can clearly hear the Andantes' background farts. I can't tell if Mary is also farting, but I'm sure Flo is not in the fart mixology.

What do you think???
    Well, as I understand it, whenever Mary and Cindy fart onstage, it is often overdubbed by Andante farts, sometimes other miscellaneous farters. Since the Andantes were not invited to Motown 25, my guess is Mary and Cindy's farts were courtesy of High Inergy.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Well, as I understand it, whenever Mary and Cindy fart onstage, it is often overdubbed by Andante farts, sometimes other miscellaneous farters. Since the Andantes were not invited to Motown 25, my guess is Mary and Cindy's farts were courtesy of High Inergy.
    So you're saying they are High Inergy farts?