[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Museum Ideas

In the other thread, Al's joke about me being in charge of the Andantes display in the Supremes museum got me to thinking:

Is it a good or bad idea to devote time and space to the Andantes in a Supremes museum?

It can be such a polarizing subject for us die hards, but is it a disservice to both the history of the Supremes and the respect of the Andantes to not acknowledge their place in the story? If the Andantes have a display, would it also be only fair to do displays on HDH, Frank Wilson, the Funks, the Wrecking Crew as well?

If this museum were ever to be a reality, what would you be interested in seeing during a visit?

OMG! I didn't know you would take it seriously. ROTF

It’s gotta be a no.

It can be referenced but no display

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It can be referenced but no display
    ...unless it's put behind a curtain LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    ...unless it's put behind a curtain LOL.
    Good one!

I think they and others should be acknowledged - but not by display in a Supremes Museum

I think, as fans, we all know the distress we felt when we found out Mary and Florence and Cindy were not the voices on many songs and were augmented on others. We also still see the distress this causes to many fans.

So you can’t highlight the Andantes [[other than behind a curtain)

No to the Andantes.

I've not kept track of what all the plans are for whatever they're doing with the Motown museum in Detroit at the old Hitsville building. My thought is that is where a museum for the Supremes should be located. and frankly it wouldn't be a fully separate building but more dedicated large room or wing. they should be the anchor component to tying motown's story and legacy to the overall story of civil rights and change as The Supremes were the ones to first break down all of those doors and barriers. it's not that MRATV, Tops, Temps, etc should be excluded but it should be structured so that you see the rise of the Supremes and their music, club dates, tv appearances, etc and how they helped to bring about this crossover. then as you wind down the Supremes area, you can bring in how then other motown acts continued this. that would help segue out of the "supremes room" and back into overall motown

you could also still have smaller supremes exhibits at the RnR hall of fame, Smithsonian [[both American History museum and Afro American), various Hard Rocks, etc.

as for the Andantes, they should not be part of the Supremes exhibit as i described above but rather a part of the overall motown story. they definitely should not be ignored.