Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
So a bit of further research: apparently the list of artists comes from a NYT series of articles and Universal has disputed this and also claimed the number is overexaggerated. If I'm also understanding correctly, in many cases, while the original master might have been destroyed, backups exist. There was more information but it's after 1am, so, yeah... Either way, whether Flo's masters are housed with the rest of Motown or not, all may not be lost.

It would really be cool if someday we were to get an expanded edition of the album. I have a list of what was recorded, but I think it's on a backup hard drive. I know there are alternates for "My Heart" and "It Doesn't Matter" because I have them. I recall that my list has an alternate for "Everything Wonderful" as well. And since the mono version of the album has been released, if the stereo version exists, that would be cool to have and maybe compare differences. Might give those sessions some new life, as they were very hit and miss in terms of quality.
If you knew how long and how hard I campaigned to get that Spectrum album released you would be amazed and that was at a time when releases were plentiful. You are more likely to get asked to dinner with Beyonce than get an expanded edition of the album - times have changed I'm very much afraid. It's difficult enough to get a mainstream release let alone a niche project such as one like this... Still you can dream