[REMOVE ADS]

Still Sounds Like The Flirtations RSD 2024 Release

Limited to 1000 copies for RSD 2024. The Flirtations are poised to release ‘Still Sounds Like the Flirtations’ – their first album of new material in 55 years. They are best known for their 1969 signature song, "Nothing But A Heartache”, off their debut album ‘Sounds Like the Flirtations’. That song spent 14 weeks on Billboard’s Hot 100, and its success saw the group tour with Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones, The Four Tops and The Temptations. “Nothing But a Heartache” remains an undeniable Northern Soul classic; it has been streamed over 13 million times, and in 2022 was remixed by Tobtok and Oliver Nelson. On their forthcoming album, which was produced, engineered, mixed, and co-written by Ben Rice [[Joan Osborne, Valerie June), Earnestine Pearce, Shirley Pearce, and Viola Billups aka Pearly Gates tell the stories of their lives. Drawing inspiration from the churn of personal, social, and political situations that they have lived through over the past five decades, they capture a timeless and well-earned perspective on love and life. The record, which features the Dap King horns, contains standout tracks, including the reflective call to action “Memories”, co-written by Stevie Wonder; the hopeful love song “Ain’t No Easy Way” and the instant dance floor hit “Didn’t Anybody Tell You”, both co-written by Grammy-nominated songwriter Gian Stone [[John Legend, Meghan Trainor); the uplifting groover “Love Somebody”; and the roaring “Take It Back”, co-written by Dave Sherman [[Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Elle King). The recording process was a transatlantic adventure, with sessions at Abbey Road and Resident Studios in London, Degraw Sound in Brooklyn, and Creative Workshop in Nashville. Retaining the classic soul sound and melodic harmonies The Flirtations are known for, the album will not disappoint long-time fans, while also promising to bring their authentic, inimitable sound to a new generation of music. Track List: 01. Love Somebody 02. Didn’t Anybody Tell You 03. Ain’t No Easy Way 04. Memories 05. You Don't Live Here Anymore 06. [[Keep Chasing) Blue Skies 07. Take It Back 08. No One Does It Like You 09. Life Is Like A Mountain 10. Thought I Knew You

In my haste to poste: wrong forum sorry for that.

Thanks Jack. I saw this one in the RSD UK list yesterday and I'm so curious about it. I wonder if this album is a mix of brand new recordings and previously unreleased recordings from years ago, or if it's all brand new? Either way, I hope it's better than the karaoke-like "Girls" album that they did 10 years ago.

Carlo: from the description above I would say these are recent recordings. I have ordered it anyway.

Could someone list a specific site to order this from? Thanks

You have to wait until Record Store Day 2024 april 20 to get it from a participating record store or wait until sunday april 21 when it will be sold on Discogs.
    Some stores will let your order but I understand that this is someting the RSD organisation is not too keen on and might mean the store will be forbidden to participate in future if this gets out.
    I noticed it is not listed on the USA list, only on the European lists.

https://recordstoreday.com/

https://recordstoreday.nl/releases/

Last edited by jack020; 02-19-2024 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    You have to wait until Record Store Day 2024 april 20 to get it from a participating record store or wait until sunday april 21 when it will be sold on Discogs.
    Some stores will let your order but I understand that this is someting the RSD organisation is not too keen on and might mean the store will be forbidden to participate in future if this gets out.
    I noticed it is not listed on the USA list, only on the European lists.

https://recordstoreday.com/

https://recordstoreday.nl/releases/

Do you recommend any particular record store in the UK to order from when the time comes? I'm in the US and have no idea about UK record stores. Thanks

Due to all the import regulations I try avoiding bying from the UK except for Amazon UK
    but you can try here:

https://www.roughtrade.com/en-de/pro...ons-rsd-2024-2

or wait until sunday and check Discogs.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Due to all the import regulations I try avoiding bying from the UK except for Amazon UK
    but you can try here:

https://www.roughtrade.com/en-de/pro...ons-rsd-2024-2

or wait until sunday and check Discogs.

Good luck.
    Thank you.

The ladies out promoting this upcoming release ....
    Name:  Flirtations2024.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  98.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I wonder if this album is a mix of brand new recordings and previously unreleased recordings from years ago, or if it's all brand new? Either way, I hope it's better than the karaoke-like "Girls" album that they did 10 years ago.
    The album was recorded in New York [[music)/Abbey Road Studios [[London) with a proper band and live strings and brass. It sounds wonderful. I know the ladies [[I wrote and produced their single Roulette back in 2009 and Vie/Pearly Gates' 2010 album On A Winning Streak) and Earnee sent me a couple of the tracks a while ago. I also attended above gig where they premiered two of the new songs. You will not be disappointed. The album has been sat in the can for a few years. It had been supposed to be released on the Deram Label via Decca Records [[full circle as the first LP was released there) but when that never happened, they have decided to release it themselves.

Name:  427688746_10159900160365418_7005387129377667433_n.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  98.6 KB
    Last edited by soren1974; 03-17-2024 at 03:19 PM.

Thank you for the info, soren! Great photo. This new album sounds promising and I look forward to purchasing it. I'm glad that the ladies are still with us, performing and creating new music.

Sadly not available at RSD 2024 in my city[[country?) while it was on the release list.
    Will see if it is released in other European countries.