[REMOVE ADS]

"I think she's going to go all in, which is exciting," added the actor and musician at the event, which saw him and wife Ashlee Simpson Ross launch Chivas Regal's limited-edition Golden Hour Glow Up Set, featuring matching tailored tracksuits from fashion house Falguni Shane Peacock.

Is there a basic definition that qualifies one to self-title as a "musician"??
    Maybe he mariachis once in awhile at his restaurant?/

I thought her 75th was “all out”!

But the reality is that between 80 and 85, most human beings that are alive, get some ailments that limit them.

So her and Lionel should practice up for a final endless love.

Evan did have at least one single release - maybe an album - I never heard it - so he’s likely a musician lol

Oh what we’ve been missing …..

I'd like them playing on the patio of the pier cafe while eating my fish and chips .

I really like Evan’s voice. Shame his music career never really took off.

ya gotta work at it

Evan sounds like just about every other guy out there today trying to make a break in the industry. He doesn't have that uniqueness to his voice that set his mother apart from the crowd.

I understand that one has a better opportunity to explore a career in the industry if they have a parent who is actively involved in it, but it doesn't mean one should. There are far too many nepo babies. I have much respect for the children of celebrities who want nothing to do with the limelight or industry their parents are in and explore careers in other fields. Those are the ones who really are following their dreams.

I don't know why he doesn't set up at his Casita and play for Sunday brunch. If performing is in his heart that should be enough.

The difference for Evan is that he’s been in 9 movies [[or more) and some of them were big movies and he’s worth $20 million.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The difference for Evan is that he’s been in 9 movies [[or more) and some of them were big movies and he’s worth $20 million.
    Honestly, I couldn't name you one film he was in. Regardless if the films were big hits, he's not remembered for them. And his worth came from his parents - I highly doubt he built it up on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Honestly, I couldn't name you one film he was in. Regardless if the films were big hits, he's not remembered for them. And his worth came from his parents - I highly doubt he built it up on his own.
    I looked and he was in The Hunger Games

In recent years, he may have done less but I don’t know - I never saw any of them

Who really knows but my memory is that Rhonda’s net worth was more than Evan’s and Ross’s was $1m vs. Evan’s $20 m - but who knows

Don't know any of his movies
    I think his part in Hunger Games was cut to a cameo.
    Either way ,it would be nice for a Ross celebration.

Hey Traycee, can you get out of the way, you're blocking Diana!

I think it fair to surmise it’s unlikely Evan accrued his 20 million dollar fortune by acting in films or singing.

He made his acting debut in the comedy-drama film ATL [[2006), and has since starred in the films Pride [[2007), According to Greta [[2009), Mooz-lum [[2010), 96 Minutes [[2011), Supremacy [[2014), and The Hunger Games:

He was not the star of The Hunger Games movies. Jennifer Lawrence was the star. He had a supporting role in a couple of the sequels.

I saw Evan as an opening act for his mother at Hollywood Bowl 10 or 12 years ago. He wasn't very good. He had a nice voice, but no stage presence whatsoever. Rhonda also opened that night, and while her material was preachy to the point of being cringe-worthy, she could work a stage and audience, as well as sing. Pentatonix was the other opening act and they were fine as well, and they have since gone on and found their niche in the entertainment world. Based on Evan's performance opening for his mom that night, it's no surprise his music career went nowhere.

In 2019 he and his wife Ashlee Simpson tried a reality show, but it got cancelled after just one season. They did a concert tour together as well, but they didn't exactly become the 21st century version of Steve and Edye, or Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, let alone competition for Jay Z and Beyonce.

As for acting, he's kept busy in Indie films, made for TV and Cable films and theatrical films in generally supporting and ensemble parts. He's not a star in his own right though. Some kids of famous stars who go into show business are able to craft their own star personas apart from their famous parent[[s) such as Michael Douglas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carrie Fisher, and Tracee Ellis Ross. But Evan is not in that category. What "fame" he has is due to being the son of Diana Ross, the brother of Tracee Ellis Ross, and the husband of Ashlee Simpson. I suspect a good chunk of what "fans" he has are aging devotees of his mother whom they worship and thus they worship him as well.

In short he's a quintessential example of a Nepo Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    He was not the star of The Hunger Games movies. Jennifer Lawrence was the star. He had a supporting role in a couple of the sequels.

I saw Evan as an opening act for his mother at Hollywood Bowl 10 or 12 years ago. He wasn't very good. He had a nice voice, but no stage presence whatsoever. Rhonda also opened that night, and while her material was preachy to the point of being cringe-worthy, she could work a stage and audience, as well as sing. Pentatonix was the other opening act and they were fine as well, and they have since gone on and found their niche in the entertainment world. Based on Evan's performance opening for his mom that night, it's no surprise his music career went nowhere.

In 2019 he and his wife Ashlee Simpson tried a reality show, but it got cancelled after just one season. They did a concert tour together as well, but they didn't exactly become the 21st century version of Steve and Edye, or Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, let alone competition for Jay Z and Beyonce.

As for acting, he's kept busy in Indie films, made for TV and Cable films and theatrical films in generally supporting and ensemble parts. He's not a star in his own right though. Some kids of famous stars who go into show business are able to craft their own star personas apart from their famous parent[[s) such as Michael Douglas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carrie Fisher, and Tracee Ellis Ross. But Evan is not in that category. What "fame" he has is due to being the son of Diana Ross, the brother of Tracee Ellis Ross, and the husband of Ashlee Simpson. I suspect a good chunk of what "fans" he has are aging devotees of his mother whom they worship and thus they worship him as well.

In short he's a quintessential example of a Nepo Baby.
    Interesting info SL.