[REMOVE ADS]

Ross and Richie Headline

https://www.foolinlove.com/

This looks like a huge festival

I'm quite stunned by the legends at this festival. How awesome would this have been 20 years ago when we still had more legends with us? I still can't believe this is just one day! These festivals usually go at least for a weekend. I'm sure there will be multiple stages, but good grief! Where do you begin on who you want to see!

It’s worth going to!

Wow! Wonder who put this together? Kind of surprised she agreed to it [[for lots of reasons). Also would be surprised to see them share a stage and performance [[Lionel and DR)

You guys don’t miss a trick! One of my besties just sent me the link. Veddy interesting!

What a fantastic line up of legends. I’m assuming it starts very early and finishes very late lol.
    Never thought I would see Diana, Lionel, Chaka, Gladys, Isley Brothers and Smokey on the same bill. Wish this was in the UK.

Second billing?! Shouldn't Miss Ross get first billing? I see Gladys Knight is on the bill as well. Maybe for old time's sake Miss Ross will get Gladys removed from the program. That will give Gladys something new to talk about.

I saw another picture of Gladys at the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards and I now agree that she doesn’t look well. Her voice was preserved well and it’s fortunate she is on this show.

I think many of the Motown artists knew it was wise to talk about Diana because it attracted attention - just as Mary was told by the publisher in the Dreamgirl era. So Gladys talked Diana from time to time. And Smokey announced he had nailed Diana just as his latest album was released to no other real publicity other than his Diana announcement and I don’t believe it charted.

That's gonna be one helluva series of shows!!

I think she and Lionel both got first billing but it was done alphabetically by their last name.

It would be nice to see Kim Weston appear there. Everyone tends to forget about Kim. She is still a living legend.

"fool in love" seems to me an odd choice for this and I'm sure there's an interesting story there.

Wouldn't a better name for an annual retro event like this be "endless love '''
    especially as Lionel and Diana are getting top billing at its premiere event.

I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with that idea as the concert's namesake. endlesslove would be better than foolinlove at many levels. And the initial launch of it would be cemented by the Ross Richie performance.
    Maybe this was even the original concept that for some reason didn't pan out.

I would conclude that there will be no such sharing of said song by the two at this event.

It'll be interesting to see! ....

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    "fool in love" seems to me an odd choice for this and I'm sure there's an interesting story there.

I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with that idea as the concert's namesake. endlesslove would be better than foolinlove at many levels. And the initial launch of it would be cemented by the Ross Richie performance.
    Maybe this was even the original concept that for some reason didn't pan out.

I would conclude that there will be no such sharing of said song by the two at this event.

It'll be interesting to see! ....
    They probbaly aren't even on the same stage given theres multiple stages for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    They probbaly aren't even on the same stage given theres multiple stages for this event.

maybe they'll yell at each other back and forth ! Hey Diana - get over here and sing that dam song!!

I'm recalling seeing Barry Manilow performing in concert on the main stage once. Over at one of the free stages was Jack Johnson. Barry could hear him and he asked the audience , "who is that?"'

When the crowd told him who it was Barry yelled into his microphone, "Hey Jack Johnson, ... SHUT UP !!"

hee haw!

I predict they will try and sing the song - Lionel always begs for it - and when he’s serious he’s said their schedules never worked

But it’s a hard song to sing and I think her parts are harder; they will have to practice a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post

Much better. For the reasons you stated. And calling it Fool In Love makes no sense. Also, the first thing it brings to my mind is Ike and Tina Turner's A FOOL IN LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    That seems likely Roberta.

Such a great list of acts [[though some of the original members are no longer with us/them). I imagine some of the lesser names will only have sets of 3 or 4 songs.

It would be a great opportunity for Lionel & Diana to sing together [[and even for Diana to perform with Nile/Chic) but let's see if it happens. My guess is no.

Anyway I hope the fans there expecting to hear some of her biggest hits with the Supremes or solo enjoy her performing 'More Today Than Yesterday' and 'I Will Survive'...

The lineup looks great. But considering all of this is supposed to take place on day, it would be a real dilemma for me as I would hate to think that I would have to choose between two of my faves performing at the same time.

the $700 ticket is the way to go. It comes with :

"Air-conditioned restrooms"

From DR on Facebook

To be included with so much talent & history at Fool In Love Fest…

This performance that I do is a gift. I appreciate & am thankful to share & give back to so many hearts. I keep counting my blessings.

Saturday 8/31/24
    Hollywood Park CA at SoFi Stadium

foolinlove.com

Great line up! I would go just to see the Mary Jane Girls! I thought that the Rick James estate refused to allow them to perform the songs that James wrote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Great line up! I would go just to see the Mary Jane Girls! I thought that the Rick James estate refused to allow them to perform the songs that James wrote for them.
    I don’t know how such a thing is possible. People can sing what they want - you may have to pay royalties if you are making money from the performances. Even fitness facilities can be required to pay royalties if they use music that hasn’t been properly licensed.

Sounds very oppressive

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    https://www.foolinlove.com/

This looks like a huge festival
    Unless every artist's set is 25 minutes how will they manage this in one day? Even on multiple stages...