[REMOVE ADS]

Céline Dion talking about Diana Ross at Grammys

a Grammy award that Diana Ross and Sting
    Diana Ross and Sting presented to me Taylor Swift
    now this was a surprise
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM6Wt25uS/
    Last edited by after you; 02-05-2024 at 05:06 AM.

Yes, I saw that last night. It shows what a class act Celine Dion is. Winning Album of the Year meant a lot to her and she clearly remembered who presented it to her. She called Diana Ross and Sting the legends that they are. It was a classy thing to do and say, she clearly has respect for Miss Ross and it thrilled her that a legend presented it to her.

Yes, that was very nice of Celine to acknowledge that she was presented the same award years ago by legends Diana Ross and Sting. And then we saw how this years winner Taylor Swift being named the winner by Celine. Taylor Swift ran on stage with a bunch of people and just about ignored Celine except to grab the statuette from her without a hug, a thanks or even a nod. Just left Celine standing there with no mention of her at all. It came off as being rude to Celine, especially since Celine appeared for the occasion while going through health problems.

Thankfully, this morning, I saw pictures of Taylor backstage hugging Celine. I hope she apologized too. I guess Taylor was really caught up in her own moment. Congrats to her for being the first to receive four Grammys for Album of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Yes, that was very nice of Celine to acknowledge that she was presented the same award years ago by legends Diana Ross and Sting. And then we saw how this years winner Taylor Swift being named the winner by Celine. Taylor Swift ran on stage with a bunch of people and just about ignored Celine except to grab the statuette from her without a hug, a thanks or even a nod. Just left Celine standing there with no mention of her at all. It came off as being rude to Celine, especially since Celine appeared for the occasion while going through health problems.

Thankfully, this morning, I saw pictures of Taylor backstage hugging Celine. I hope she apologized too. I guess Taylor was really caught up in her own moment. Congrats to her for being the first to receive four Grammys for Album of the Year.
    When Taylor won the award and seemingly didn't acknowledge Celine on stage, I was screaming at my tv screen "Hug Celine, for goodness' sake!" But then I figured Taylor might have been caught up in the moment and I calmed down.

But I guess others aren't as forgiving. In a Facebook post, even Darlene Love took Taylor to task for not acknowledging Celine on stage.

You have to also realize that it was probably better for Taylor to acknowledge Celine in a controlled environment due to Celine's illness. Grabbing her for a hug in the middle of shock and excitement would probably not have been a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    You have to also realize that it was probably better for Taylor to acknowledge Celine in a controlled environment due to Celine's illness. Grabbing her for a hug in the middle of shock and excitement would probably not have been a good idea.
    I thought of that as well, although I still felt some sort of acknowledgement on stage would have been nice. But again, she was probably swept up in the moment of having just made history.

I never watch that show but I love Celine Dion very much and her music. Hope she is doing well.