[REMOVE ADS]

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

Posted here because this is where the action is and of her connections

What a powerful and moving trailer. I definitely need to see this.

It looks like a great film. I just wish it was playing on more than one day.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It looks like a great film. I just wish it was playing on more than one day.
    Maybe they are testing the waters to see what interest they can develop and maybe it will get some wider availability in the future

Maybe it will also eventually go to a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Looks good. I saw her perform in 2002 for the PBS show Rhythm, Love and Soul.

saw Gloria on one of them DISCO BALL extravaganza's held in Atlantic City...2009 or 2010...12 of us at a friends 50th b'day....she was one of the last to perform being a top draw on the card...most acts got 2 songs, some got 1....Gloria did 4...she performed amazingly well and sang LIVE...some of those acts lipsynched ... Gloria was very conservatively dressed in a brown turtleneck pant suit with a tan blazer...and she kept her eyeglasses on...she was really a shinning star in a very so so very fast staged evening....and deserved the standing ovations as she entered, and left.......I left before Sugar Hill the final act came on..I was staying across town...and wanted to drink and gamble!

Gloria, France Joli did 3 songs, and Shannon did 2..all def sang live...and they were the only ones who addressed the audience and spoke a bit...I really enjoyed them...there were about 12 acts on the card....if you care to know a bit more:
    Bonnie Pointer was a mess....a too long blonde wig...very skimpy corset, and she took the mic down away from her mouth while her pre recorded vocal continued... several times...she only did Heaven Must Have...Disco Tex was also a 1 song act...and amusing to see, squeezing his not in shape middle aged + body into a tight white spandex outfit...The guy in Lime was really good and worked the crowd...the girl looked like she was picked out of the waiting line...flat sandals, black frumpy one piece halter dress...my friends Mom who was with us said "she could have at least attempted to look like a performer...some jewelry or stockings"