[REMOVE ADS]

Tom Jones – Live Duets [[2023) with Stevie/Smokey/Supremes a.o.

Collection of TV performances broadcast by ABC and BBC Networks recorded between 1969 and 1972. Includes BBC broadcasts. Professionally remastered. In the handful of years that the ‘This Is Tom Jones’ show aired on television, a host of famous actors, comedians and singers graced the stage.
    After it made its debut appearance, the programme went on to have two more series with a total of 65 episodes by the time it came to an end in 1971. Perhaps most impressive was the calibre of musical talent that Jones managed to book for the show. The series ran from 1969 to 1971 and saw him singing with everyone from Jerry Lee Lewis to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Jones’ authenticity as a singer and performer shine through on…

…these prized duets that often highlighted his own musical tastes which were varied and eclectic. London Calling revisits these incredible performances, made for prime time television audiences in the UK and USA over 50 years ago. Featuring an array of exclusive performances from iconic artists in the captivating company of the one and only Tom Jones! Fully restored and professionally remastered original TV broadcasts, presented with background notes and timeline photos.
    CD1:
    01. THE MOODY BLUES – It’s A Hang Up Baby
    02. WILSON PICKETT – Barefootin’/In The Midnight Hour/Hey Jude
    03. STEVIE WONDER – A Place In The Sun/Uptight
    04. SMOKEY ROBINSON – I Heard It Through The Grapevine
    05. RAY CHARLES – That Thing Called Love/Understanding/
    Crying Time/Bright Lights and You Girl
    06. LITTLE RICHARD – Send Me Some Lovin’/Jenny Jenny/Rip It Up/Good Golly Miss Molly
    07. JERRY LEE LEWIS – Great Balls Of Fire/Down The Line/Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On
    08. JOHNNY CASH – Working In A Coalmine/Dark As A Dungeon/Sixteen Tons/The Legend Of John Henry’s Hammer
    09. ELLA FITZGERALD – Sunny
    10. SAMMY DAVIS JR – What The World Needs Now Is Love
    11. NANCY WILSON – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
    12. CHER – The Beat Goes On
    13. DIAHANN CARROLL – You Keep Me Hangin’ On/More Today Than Yesterday
    CD2:
    01. ARETHA FRANKLIN – It’s Not Unusual/See-Saw/Spirit In The Dark/The Party’s Over
    02. DUSTY SPRINGFIELD – I’m Gonna Make You Love Me
    03. DUSTY SPRINGFIELD – You Got What It Takes
    04. BARBARA EDEN – You’ve Made Me So Very Happy
    05. THE SUPREMES – River Deep Mountain High
    06. BOBBY DARIN – Worried Man Blues/Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In
    07. JANIS JOPLIN – Raise Your Hand
    08. THE RASCALS – In The Midnight Hour
    09. CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG – Long Time Gone
    10. BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS – Tom Jones Blues [[Part II)
    11. JOE COCKER – Delta Lady
    12. CASS ELLIOT – When This Battle Is Over
    13. CASS ELLIOT – I Guess I’ll Always Love You

Love me some Sir Tom. I have enjoyed viewing many of these performances over the years. I will be picking up this CD set. Thanks Jack!

Gotta get this one! Thanks for the heads-up.

As Real Gone Music has been working with Andy Williams rareties, might there be a chance of them putting together a similar package which could include Andy's duets with the Supremes [Diana & Jean-led], the Temptations, Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, Jackson 5 and other musical guests throughout the year?

Tom is a longtime judge on The Voice UK which recently finished again. From time to time he does an impromptu [[?) request song and the man is still in fine voice for his 82 years.

Even better than the above were all Tom's Voice UK duets with JHud.

What a great unusual set. I guess I didn’t know he had had a variety show back then. What a voice he has. if these recordings have been preserved nicely this looks like a fantastic set.