[REMOVE ADS]

help with some recording dates, please

Hi
    I'm presuming the booklet that came with 'let yourself go' has full recording details for all the tracks - would someone with a copy assist me by checking up on the finished recording dates for the following tracks, please:

shoop shoop song
    i can never recover
    he's my man
    where do i go from here
    you can't stop a girl in love [early version].

any help much appreciated, thanks.
    PJ

there isn't always a lot or complete information on the recording sessions. so we have to sort of go with what we've got

In Dec 74 the girls started recording with Michael Lloyd [[Shoop and It's all been said) and with Clayton Ivey & Terry Woodford.

For Shoop, the dates we have are 12/11/74 vocals recorded, 12/12 more vocals and 12/13 more vocals. there isn't any more info

I can never recover - i don't believe we have any recording info on this one

He's my man - 3/17 drums added, 4/4 strings added, 4/5 horns added

Where do i go from here - 3/13 horns added, 3/15 more horns and strings, 4/4 background vocals, 4/8 more strings, 4/9 lead vocals

You can't stop a girl [[early) - 2/5 tambourine recorded, 2/24 lead and backgrounds recorded, 2/25 lead and backgrounds [[but not sure if this was early or later version)

Thanks for the info sup_fan. As it happens 'i can never recover' is the one i'm most interested in - is your hunch that it was recorded around the same time as the others apart from 'shoop' [essentially Feb-April 1975 from what you say above], or a bit later? To my ears, it has a bit more of that 'early disco' feel that leaves me thinking 2nd half of '75?

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic jacques View Post
    Thanks for the info sup_fan. As it happens 'i can never recover' is the one i'm most interested in - is your hunch that it was recorded around the same time as the others apart from 'shoop' [essentially Feb-April 1975 from what you say above], or a bit later? To my ears, it has a bit more of that 'early disco' feel that leaves me thinking 2nd half of '75?
    no i think it was a little later. i don't have my notes in front of me - was ICNR produced by the Hollands?

the whole recording period was only over a few months. The earliest dates we have are on 12/11/74 and they also did a bunch of vocals that day - color my world, shoop, give out, it's all been said before.

the album was eventually released in May 75. don't really know if early or late May. but that gives us 5 or so months of recording.