[REMOVE ADS]

I'll Wait A Lifetime - Stevie production back up online

This typically seems to get pulled down quickly so enjoy while you can

https://soundcloud.com/imaginationmi...-lifetime-demo

IMO this is the most commercial of the 3 tunes Stevie produced with the girls

That’s been on for a while I saved it when we discussed it a while ago
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    This typically seems to get pulled down quickly so enjoy while you can

https://soundcloud.com/imaginationmi...-lifetime-demo

IMO this is the most commercial of the 3 tunes Stevie produced with the girls

It’s pleasant if a little unremarkable. I keep hearing Syreeta’s voice singing it, thinking it more suited to her voice then Jeans.

the second half of the audio is pretty interesting. when Stevie is calling out to different groups of musicians and changing it up a bit. like when they went "funky"

to my ears, it sounds like Wonderlove backing up here. of course this is just a demo so it's very possible they're just on there as a placeholder

but it made me wonder if Wonderlove was joining M and L on Bad Weather. there are certainly more than 2 voices in the backgrounds. it's possible Jean joined them. on the pink box set, they included the longer version that, oddly, fades out and then comes back in and runs till the tape ends. You can clearly hear Mary saying something like "i forgot about that" or something. but as the music wraps up and people are talking and laughing and all, it sounds like more people

It’s also possible that Stevie doubled tracked the girls

I don't believe that's Wonderlove on "Wait". Sounds like Mary and Lynda. And I don't hear extra voices on "Bad Weather". Sounds like Lynda and Mary, maybe Jean too. Certainly not Wonderlove vocalists. At the end when the music stops I always figured all the voices heard belong to the musicians, along with the Supremes and Stevie.