[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Don't you just love it, they all wore the same wigs and headbands. They were a tight group then.
    I always love looking at clips from that first year of their success. They played off each other very well.

The Copa debut was the beginning of a very long ending.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I always love looking at clips from that first year of their success. They played off each other very well.

The Copa debut was the beginning of a very long ending.
    I don't know - there's something I like about the individuality of each girl. Unlike other girl groups like the Ronettes or Shangri-Las where everything matched from outfits to wigs/hair, I always like how each Supreme had their own thing - the gowns kept things cohesive, but the wigs or makeup allowed each of them to set themselves apart from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I don't know - there's something I like about the individuality of each girl. Unlike other girl groups like the Ronettes or Shangri-Las where everything matched from outfits to wigs/hair, I always like how each Supreme had their own thing - the gowns kept things cohesive, but the wigs or makeup allowed each of them to set themselves apart from the others.
    You may want to brush up on the Shangri Las. Mary Weiss always looked different from the other girls with her long straight blond hair, even if they all dressed alike on stage. As for the Ganser sisters, they were identical twins so it stands to reason why they looked alike. And when Mary's sister Betty performed in the group, she didn't have the same look as Mary.