[REMOVE ADS]

Diana & Florence

Name:  IMG_1539.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  16.6 KB

Hope it works

Never seen this before. Is Flo sitting next to Diana’s mother?.

I saw a clip of the Four Seasons singing Walk Like A Man at what appears to be one of Dick Clark's afternoon shows. Mary is sitting across the table from Mrs. Ross, Flo and Diana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj9m98GmTnY

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    That is indeed "Mama Supreme": Ernestine Moten Ross [later Jordan].

A screenshot from WHERE THE ACTION IS.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    A screenshot from WHERE THE ACTION IS.
    We were relying on you to know where this was from

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thanks but post #3 beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    I saw a clip of the Four Seasons singing Walk Like A Man at what appears to be one of Dick Clark's afternoon shows. Mary is sitting across the table from Mrs. Ross, Flo and Diana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj9m98GmTnY
    Well done MotownLover

yes at 1.04 and a bit again afterward you can see MW's hairband clearly..

LOL...whoever did the makeup on these guys.... the 2 in the middle look like they are wearing masks....I think the tall one on the end is Bob Gaudio....

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    LOL...whoever did the makeup on these guys.... the 2 in the middle look like they are wearing masks....I think the tall one on the end is Bob Gaudio....
    I suspect that whoever posted this video put it through an AI program to improve the quality, etc., but some shots didn't come through it very well. The group shots of The Four Seasons all look very strange--and mask-like, as you said. I've seen better examples of film upgrades through these kinds of programs. It's a little sad that this one came out looking not so great in the close-ups. At least we got a rare glimpse of DMF & Mrs. Ross hanging out in the background.

I always thought it was very sweet hearing how Mrs. Ross would look after Florence and the two of them would play cards together. I believe there's a story too where she was visiting the group when Cindy was in and she insinuated to Diana and Mary that they should still support Florence or something along those lines.

Don't you just love it, they all wore the same wigs and headbands. They were a tight group then.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Don't you just love it, they all wore the same wigs and headbands. They were a tight group then.
    I always love looking at clips from that first year of their success. They played off each other very well.

The Copa debut was the beginning of a very long ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Well, this screenshot [[altough in b&w) was for long available on my website :
    http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/TV-...%20Action%20Is

The pictures are small but can be enlarged by right-clicking on them.

Sometimes i wonder why I put so my time and work on it... oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

Your website is much appreciated. I visit often.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Your website is much appreciated. I visit often.
    It’s incredibly detailed - don’t be disheartened - but the fan base is getting older; I think it’s fairly clear on SD

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I always love looking at clips from that first year of their success. They played off each other very well.

The Copa debut was the beginning of a very long ending.
    I don't know - there's something I like about the individuality of each girl. Unlike other girl groups like the Ronettes or Shangri-Las where everything matched from outfits to wigs/hair, I always like how each Supreme had their own thing - the gowns kept things cohesive, but the wigs or makeup allowed each of them to set themselves apart from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I don't know - there's something I like about the individuality of each girl. Unlike other girl groups like the Ronettes or Shangri-Las where everything matched from outfits to wigs/hair, I always like how each Supreme had their own thing - the gowns kept things cohesive, but the wigs or makeup allowed each of them to set themselves apart from the others.
    You may want to brush up on the Shangri Las. Mary Weiss always looked different from the other girls with her long straight blond hair, even if they all dressed alike on stage. As for the Ganser sisters, they were identical twins so it stands to reason why they looked alike. And when Mary's sister Betty performed in the group, she didn't have the same look as Mary.

Yeah I'm sure with the Ronettes with them all being related, it wasn't easy to pick them apart. The Shangri-las being two sets of sisters probably had the same effect. Although I'm such a big fan of them I can say that Margie Ganser was a bit more aggressive than Mary Ann in their performances, who was a bit more reserved.

I think the Supremes' individual personas shone through in the early days. And as Brad pointed out, they each had their own look even though they'd dress the same.

Was there ever a time when all three wore the same wigs/hairstyle? I can't think of a single performance or photograph where they all have the same hair. I do think there were times they clearly switched wigs with each other from performance to performance or photo to photo. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Was there ever a time when all three wore the same wigs/hairstyle? I can't think of a single performance or photograph where they all have the same hair. I do think there were times they clearly switched wigs with each other from performance to performance or photo to photo. Lol
    I can only think of the Sullivan debut in December 64 [[their wigs were all similar there). Other times, you can tell DMF were individuals first.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I can only think of the Sullivan debut in December 64 [[their wigs were all similar there). Other times, you can tell DMF were individuals first.
    Close but Flo wore a flip which was different from Mary and Diana's similar style. Their tour in the Orient they wore the same wigs a few times in clips and pictures I've seen, they all wore a longer style together.

in the orient, Flo and Mary often has somewhat similar cuts to their hair or wigs. like the pics of them in that press conference in Tokyo. they also had similar cuts at the Copa.

and then there's the Greatest Hits album released internationally. the girls had similar asymmetrical cuts there

Name:  greatest hits.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  57.3 KB

and actually what seemed to occur more wasn't that the girls all matched their hair to one another. it was whether or not they changed their wigs during a long photoshoot. Diana seemed more likely to change her hair up. flo seems to have been more content with just sticking to one

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

You did it for massive fans like me! I LOVE your website and am so glad you did it! All that archived material is a dream come true!