[REMOVE ADS]

Expanded Editions: Booklets

Part of what made the Supremes Expanded Editions so fabulous, save for the music itself, was the amazing packaging, and of course, booklets. Unpublished photos, quotes from those "in the know", mini concert programs, recording dates, and the timelines made these releases fan gold.

With no further releases forthcoming, I wonder, even if we can't get the music, if we could get the proposed track listings, and of course, the wealth of information that would have been included. Thinking Reflections, Love Child, LTSSI, and Cream of The Crop. In a perfect world, we'd have CWP, Liverpool, and Sam Cooke too.

Wouldn't all of the booklets make a great book on its own? Certainly a very useful resource guide.

I totally agree. I might have even looked forward to the booklets more than the music itself sometimes. Quite often, I would pull out all of the expanded editions and read each booklet. It might be time to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Wouldn't all of the booklets make a great book on its own? Certainly a very useful resource guide.
    I would buy this !!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I totally agree. I might have even looked forward to the booklets more than the music itself sometimes. Quite often, I would pull out all of the expanded editions and read each booklet. It might be time to do that again.
    In many cases, I looked forward to the booklet more than the music. Truthfully, I'm not an "alternate mix" snob, and I usually can't tell the difference between the original and the alternate. So for me, the "meat" was really the booklets, the timelines especially. It's all so fascinating, and clearly a labor of love by Andy, Mr. George, and everyone else involved in putting them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I would buy this !!
    Me too!

I'd buy it but it ain't ever going to happen as you know!

Agreed. Told Andy a few years ago a book was in order ,just based on the info they collected

Excellent idea and I would also buy his kind of book. But I also hope they correct the mistakes that are in the timelines of the booklets.

even if they can't sell the booklet with all of the images and all, it would be great to at least publish the timeline. there's less of a proprietary nature with the timeline since it's mostly public record, such as where they were performing where and when, recording dates.

i too find the history part of the EE so fascinating! i do love the music of course and rare pictures. but this info is what i've been using to build out my excel file with all of the dates and info

I would buy it as well. I think those booklets are the perfect compliment to receiving the music though. It's so interesting to read the behind the scenes information on the sessions and songs and then listen for any of the sound tidbits in the music that the booklets mention.

It would also be great to have reproduction of the session logs as an appendix.

The expanded booklets are just as sublime as the music!