[REMOVE ADS]

on this date - Swing Time, Andy Williams

here are a few things the girls were doing on Jan 22

1/22/66 - Swing Time show. i don't know if this is the taping or airing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpajOjklRc

1/22/67 - Andy Williams show. i have an old copy of this and the quality was terrible. great to see it looking so much more clear. also interesting is that so much of the footage is group shots. not just diana
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A8idgwOQQg

1/22/77 - Woodlake Inn, Sacramento CA. I looked but couldn't find it. on Youtube there was a clip from 77 and i think from this show. during the hits medley Susaye did the My World part.

and of course there are other Jan 22 dates. often the girls were in the middle of a run, like when they did the Frontier in 1969. but i just included the stand-alone dates

I wish I could hear what they were saying on the Swingin' Time special. They seem tired and worn out on that one. Nice to see they're old teachers goofing around with them.

I do like the Andy Williams appearance. The staging on "Love Is Here" obviously was to prepare for the name change. And then you have Flo joking around in the interview about how Diana and Mary wouldn't care if she decided to leave the group.

That Swingin Time show and the Andy Williams show episodes are among my favorites of the group. With Swingin Time it was a homecoming of sorts for them and they seem more like regular people here than they might otherwise seem when they're performing or doing other interviews. The Andy Williams performances were the ladies really on top of their game. Of course there's always a lot of talk about the behind the scenes craziness going on during this time, but you would never know it to watch them here, doing what they did best. Great stuff.

I did post the 77 audio a while ago but was pulled from YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    here are a few things the girls were doing on Jan 22

1/22/66 - Swing Time show. i don't know if this is the taping or airing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpajOjklRc

1/22/67 - Andy Williams show. i have an old copy of this and the quality was terrible. great to see it looking so much more clear. also interesting is that so much of the footage is group shots. not just diana
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A8idgwOQQg

1/22/77 - Woodlake Inn, Sacramento CA. I looked but couldn't find it. on Youtube there was a clip from 77 and i think from this show. during the hits medley Susaye did the My World part.

and of course there are other Jan 22 dates. often the girls were in the middle of a run, like when they did the Frontier in 1969. but i just included the stand-alone dates

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I did post the 77 audio a while ago but was pulled from YouTube
    i have an app on my desktop - i think it used to be called KeepTube or something like that. it allows you to download youtube as either a video or audio file. so i have it on my computer and love it! it's amazing how every now and then, another great clip pops up.

as much as we all think we know of the history and all, there's so much that we don't have documented. gowns that might have been worn for a brief period and came and went without photos, songs added or deleted from the act, changing up the order of the show or who sang what

I think that’s one of the shows that they wore the tuxedos
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i have an app on my desktop - i think it used to be called KeepTube or something like that. it allows you to download youtube as either a video or audio file. so i have it on my computer and love it! it's amazing how every now and then, another great clip pops up.

as much as we all think we know of the history and all, there's so much that we don't have documented. gowns that might have been worn for a brief period and came and went without photos, songs added or deleted from the act, changing up the order of the show or who sang what