[REMOVE ADS]

The Majestics/Monitors

Greetings SDF -

Last night I returned from a jaunt to the Midwest, where I got to spend some quality time with my darling Sandra Williams, original member of the Monitors. She is finally sharing her story, and the story of the group - its origins and experiences as V.I.P./Soul recording artists.

She left the business and pivoted into a "normal" life of her own volition over 50 years ago, but now Candy, as she was known to her Motown family back then, is telling her story.

In addition to being a Motown legend, Sandra [[and her daughter Stephanie) have become family to me, she is a bonus mom, so I am personally honored to have played a part in bringing the Monitors the accolades and recognition they so richly deserve. I had a great time having some quality time with her and listening to her wonderful stories about Motown. I won't give much away, because you'll need to make sure you book your trip to the Motown Museum when the expansion is complete and all of the artist exhibits are up, but her experiences with Kim Weston, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, and Smokey Robinson are not to be missed. Neither is the origin story of the Majestics/Monitors. This is going to be such a treat for the TRUE Motown aficionados among us!!

Okay, I'll share one tidbit: her favorite Monitors song is "You Share The Blame," - which coincidentally, is mine too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ms. T; 01-18-2024 at 05:22 PM.

Wonderful News!! It's great that Sandra Williams from The Montors is doing well and will be sharing her memories of her time with Motown & the group. Thanks Ms. T for the information.