[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Face of The New YSL Campaign

Take that! “Lazy,” my eye.
    Name:  IMG_5522.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  7.6 KB

Well - who’s to say she’s lost interest!!!

Would have preferred a different shot, maybe one with just a hint of a smile.

Perhaps an enlarged version would look better. Hope so.
    Last edited by Starguard4; 01-08-2024 at 09:49 PM.

oh my God the beauty has awakened what a great photo no, this is what we need thank you thank you boss

That poor old forgotten singer, that young people don't know, made bad decisions, has poor artistic value, is on the new Saint Laurent campaign.
    That must be a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    That poor old forgotten singer, that young people don't know, made bad decisions, has poor artistic value, is on the new Saint Laurent campaign.
    That must be a mistake
    I feel sure Diana Ross is now the name on everyone under 35’s lips. M’s Ross has never made a bad decision in her life as this rather proves. Honestly, the very thought.
    Nice to see her out there though, and proves how her legacy has endured without that much effort.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 10-18-17 Anthony Vaccarello op Instagram Luca ❤️.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  6.9 KB

Hope this is a bit bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    That must be a mistake
    Touche, Albator!

Hope this reads better:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Hope this reads better:
    This would be a wonderful cover for a new album, greatest hits or retrospective compilation, or a new autobiography that would be a great gift to her fans.

Love it! It’s so reminiscent of this, right?!
    https://dianarossproject.files.wordp.../01/dr1976.jpg

Take that! “Lazy,” my eye.
    Name:  IMG_5522.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  7.6 KB
    How cool is that! Sans this kind of stuff is out of my purview, and I can't read whatever is written at the bottom. Is she going to be doing commercials or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    How cool is that! Sans this kind of stuff is out of my purview, and I can't read whatever is written at the bottom. Is she going to be doing commercials or something?
    No real details in this caption, RanRan--just some breathless "icon/legend" copy and a reference to her being the "new face" of YSL's spring campaign. The links others have provided above might shed more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I feel sure Diana Ross is now the name on everyone under 35’s lips. M’s Ross has never made a bad decision in her life as this rather proves.
    She's perfect and has always been perfect. The haters can never change that.

Word on the street is Taylor Swift is worried about Diana dropping a new album and the competition it will be for the under 35's.

No real details in this caption, RanRan--just some breathless "icon/legend" copy and a reference to her being the "new face" of YSL's spring campaign. The links others have provided above might shed more light.
    I'll check it out. I'm so glad to see her doing something. Mark my words: Diana will be dragged out of here kicking and screaming before she disappears completely.

I'll check it out. I'm so glad to see her doing something. Mark my words: Diana will be dragged out of here kicking and screaming before she disappears completely.
    So glad, too, RanRan! So glad Diana, Dionne, Barbra & Gladys are with us here & now.

As discussed in this thread:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ghlight=vienna

Less is often more. Once again simply, classy elegant and beautiful.

She's perfect and has always been perfect. The haters can never change that.

Word on the street is Taylor Swift is worried about Diana dropping a new album and the competition it will be for the under 35's.
    Those pesky haters. They sneak in just when your not looking.
    I loved the original YSLmens aftershave, now sadly discontinued. Wonderful , if rather unexpected to see Diana the face of such an enduring brand.

Those pesky haters. They sneak in just when your not looking.
    I loved the original YSLmens aftershave, now sadly discontinued. Wonderful , if rather unexpected to see Diana the face of such an enduring brand.
    Yes! I don't recall her being attached to a luxury brand since Blackglama. Gap and MAC, yes, but nothing on this level. Very exciting!

ok - i'm gonna stir the pot here. i'm thrilled that she is representing the brand. but i have to say i think this isn't her best photo. her eyes just sort of sad. it's has certainly been commonplace for Diana to not smile in a photo and that's fine. but her eyes in the past always looked sharper. more of an intensity. or as Tyra Banks would say "SMIZING!"

Here the eyes just don't look as engaged. and i don't think age has anything to do with it. i just think if she's slightly raised the outer corners of the eyes - MAGIC!!

but she's still looking stunning

was Diana associated with the YSL label much? we've talked endlessly about the gowns, especially for the group. I can't say that i've really followed Diana solo as much, especially who/what she wore on red carpets and at events off stage. certainly mackie has been her designer for much of her stagewear. but i can't say i've ever thought of her much when YSL comes to mind

^ I’m not sure about her being identified with his look per se, but she’s always admired his work. Here she is front row at the Saint Laurent Parade of 1980.Name:  IMG_5528.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  10.9 KB

Agree with you, sup, thought the same myself about this photo
    Last edited by mindful1; 01-09-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Her mouth looks old and fallen. Normal aging …. I don’t know whether to embrace it or pine for the younger Diana Ross look.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Her mouth looks old and fallen. Normal aging …. I don’t know whether to embrace it or pine for the younger Diana Ross look.
    and i can respect the look of aging. i love that she's still highly visible and certainly aware that people will compare pics. even older, i think she looks amazing. but i wonder if there were some other shots from the session where her eyes are more alive.

Maybe, hoping, YSL will design new costumes for her shows. The current ones are tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Maybe, hoping, YSL will design new costumes for her shows. The current ones are tired.

Some new looks would be welcomed!

beautiful photo

Very nice photo of Diana Ross. I wish her well in this new endeavor.

Yes! I don't recall her being attached to a luxury brand since Blackglama. Gap and MAC, yes, but nothing on this level. Very exciting!
    I don’t know this stuff - can you explain why there’s been nothing on this level. Why aren’t they on this level?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I don’t know this stuff - can you explain why there’s been nothing on this level. Why aren’t they on this level?
    I'm making the distinction between mass-market [affordable] retail [think her hosiery line in the '80s] and luxury [high-end] retail [think Faye Dunaway's Gucci campaign]. Given her historical profile as an aspirational figure in pop culture, I'm not sure why Miss Ross has never represented a luxury brand [other than walking Mugler's runway in the '90s] -- maybe has more to do with her own discernment than anything.

I'm calling this [slimmed] photo the "Guillotine" shot

they just released another shot and pose which i think is much better. her eyes look much more alive

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    they just released another shot and pose which i think is much better. her eyes look much more alive
    Just clicked on here to share it! Apologies in advance if it’s too small:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just clicked on here to share it! Apologies in advance if it’s too small:
    beautiful!

The trace of a smile makes her look younger.

The trace of a smile makes her look younger.
    It certainly does. This new shot is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    It certainly does. This new shot is so much better.
    I agree

Nice to have something new to talk about

I agree

Nice to have something new to talk about
    Whaddaya mean? Isn't there some way to work in RTL or the Andantes into this photo?!?? I bet this here forum will find a way. LOL!

I agree. It is nice to have something new.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    This would be a wonderful cover for a new album, greatest hits or retrospective compilation, or a new autobiography that would be a great gift to her fans.
    I agree, this would have made a great cover of the “Thank You” album or indeed a new book.
    I love the fact she still looks natural and not stretched to infinity the way Streisand and others of similar age now appear.
    Streisands new book uses a pic from Funny Girl as its cover. If not new, i wonder what photo shot would best represent M’s Ross for her own autobiography. Something with flowing hair methinks or a gorgeous shot from Mahogany.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 01-11-2024 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Whaddaya mean? Isn't there some way to work in RTL or the Andantes into this photo?!?? I bet this here forum will find a way. LOL!

A show of hands please of those at this here forum who don't agree about it being nice to have something new to talk about....

I think this is a risky venture. Who is St Laurent trying to appeal to ? [Great] Grandmotherly aged women?? With this?:

If anybody finds this garb particularly remarkable it can be had at Neiman Marcus for $3, 000 and some change ...but better hurry .....it says there's only "one left"!!! hee haw !!!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-11-2024 at 12:02 PM.

Generally haven’t seen many grandmothers in this kind of getup Boog. Perhaps residing in the UK has something to do with it…

Generally haven’t seen many grandmothers in this kind of getup Boog. Perhaps residing in the UK has something to do with it…
    But then at their prices they only need to snag a few suckers.

When was the last time that she had a photo shoot? I believe it’s been quite a while, but this one is the cats meow love, love, love love it

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post

No RTL or Andantes yet. But there’s still time.

But how about this - Randy says that when her lips are pursed, she’s getting ready to do Florence or Mary or the Supremes wrong again.

No RTL or Andantes yet. But there’s still time.

But how about this - Randy says that when her lips are pursed, she’s getting ready to do Florence or Mary or the Supremes wrong again.
    Oh dear!!!.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 01-11-2024 at 03:39 PM.

Oh dear!!!.
    I’m sure it was only a joke and we’ve done the Andantes and RTL several times - probably most potently 10 years ago

Back to YSL