[REMOVE ADS]

Luther Vandross and Chaka Khan were "Merry" together on long lost performance

From SoulTracks.com-
    Luther Vandross was one of the greatest singers of our time, a legend who was taken away too soon. Among his many accomplishments over his long career was a terrific Christmas album, This Is Christmas.It was a fantastic, lush album that brought together Christmas standards and a number of new songs, including the memorable title track.
    But on a 2012 reissue of that album, a special live recording of Luther and the great Chaka Khan singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" was included. It is a great performance by to all-timers, and we think SoulTrackers will love hearing it.

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 12-21-2023 at 05:58 PM.

This is great! Thanks Motown Eddie! Now I need to get that 2012 compilation! I didn't realize it had extra tracks on it. I thought it was the same album with a different cover. Dang.

Yep, that's the one, Jack! I remember seeing it once when I was out shopping and didn't think much of it. I thought it was a reissue of his Christmas album with the same tracks, not realizing that there are extra songs on it.

Forget Mariah and Buble, my to go to Xmas album!

Classy performance. Luther so graciously throws the spotlight on Chaka [who doesn't return the favor]
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-28-2023 at 02:34 PM.