[REMOVE ADS]

Paul's Diana Ross Project website

Has anyone gotten any postings by Paul recently on the Diana Ross Project that he created? It seems like it has been forever since I received anything. I hope he hasn't given up the project.

Just wondering. Thanks.

Paul who??

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Paul who??
    Paul Milliken

Email is Dianarossproject@gmail.com

He’s become well known and well respected

But I have no idea why he’s gone quiet since the Grammys

Many of us are getting older and slipping away for one reason or another

How could there be any updates when she doesn’t do nothing she’s too lazy to do anything we have asked for many things over the years, but nothing happens. It’s like falling on Deaf ears one more thing she want to make some new music for her grandchildren or her loyal fans. We got nothing nothing nothing come on you could do better than that if it wasn’t for us fans there would be no Diana Ross I love her dearly it would be nice to have something

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    How could there be any updates when she doesn’t do nothing she’s too lazy to do anything we have asked for many things over the years, but nothing happens. It’s like falling on Deaf ears one more thing she want to make some new music for her grandchildren or her loyal fans. We got nothing nothing nothing come on you could do better than that if it wasn’t for us fans there would be no Diana Ross I love her dearly it would be nice to have something
    It’s quite interesting to read differing opinions from the fan group. I personally considered Thank You to be an unexpected gift to Miss Ross’ loyal fans. She clearly wasn’t interested in chart positions; the message seemed to be the goal. I consider my parents who were well into their retirement years at 79, enjoying life and family. I wish the same for Miss Ross and would never categorize her current work schedule as Lazy. Just my two cents…

She was out there strutting her stuff for over four decades. Had she chose to retire at the start of the 21st century i would have thought well earned. Anything else is a bonus.

Doubt he could've posted anything if Diana herself has remained on the low. I think it's safe to say Diana has likely been semi-retired and only tours because she likes to sing whenever she feels like it.

Not judging...if she wants to slow down ..her right to do so..
    But she has been rather low key for years ....
    But all good...think she's just to picky..to much control
    But after being controlled by a man for over 20
    I kinda get it

Paul is an on air media personality/reporter for a news station. He is busy. I think the first mission for his site was to review her albums and he did that. Then he may have pivoted to continue the site. The site was very active during the Thank You album release. Since then Diana has been laying low news wise. She has just been touring. Hopefully it will pick up again this year. She will be 80, so who knows what’s in store for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Paul is an on air media personality/reporter for a news station. He is busy. I think the first mission for his site was to review her albums and he did that. Then he may have pivoted to continue the site. The site was very active during the Thank You album release. Since then Diana has been laying low news wise. She has just been touring. Hopefully it will pick up again this year. She will be 80, so who knows what’s in store for the future.
    A good post.

Diana is aging and seems to plan to continue touring but I expect TV and movies are done. I don’t expect new music because in recent years she did that.

If she wanted advice, I would suggest a candid, frank, set the record straight book. But she may have no interest.

For those that have been on SD for a long time, you notice the regular posters dwindling and some connected and knowledgeable people are gone. Many of the topics have been repeated many times and there’s not lots new to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Has anyone gotten any postings by Paul recently on the Diana Ross Project that he created? It seems like it has been forever since I received anything. I hope he hasn't given up the project.

Just wondering. Thanks.
    Without any news from Diana Ross and no reissues from The Supremes' or Diana's catalog, Paul just hasn't had anything to report since February last year [when Diana's album lost to Michael Buble at the Grammys].

i think it's a bit harsh to accuse someone about to turn 80 of being lazy because they're more or less stepped back from a 50+ year career. if someone was a marketer or accountant, and retired after 50+ years would you judge them? what about a plumber? a painter? a violinist?

Diana Ross has contributed more than her share of entertainment value to her fans and the overall world. You are not owed anything just because you're a fan. that's great that you might have bought every record and attended multiple concerts. you paid the price for that album or that show and you received the benefit of that product. If she decides to slow down or stay active, if she decides to never record again but still occasionally perform, that's her prerogative. There's amble existing catalog to enjoy and if she adds to it some more, great. if not, then enjoy the material already available. But let's not be selfish, inconsiderate and rude by accusing someone that has most likely worked harder and longer than you of being lazy.
    Last edited by sup_fan; 01-08-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Paul's website is a treasure trove. just an amazing resource for the music we love. even though i don't always agree 100% with each and every review, it's so fun to read. was thrilled quite a few years ago when he added the 70s Sups to the list too!

if he's looking for suggestions on what do you next, maybe update the albums by including some of the EE content. it might be too much to ask that he review EVERY bonus track but maybe some recaps of the added material. that would be fun to hear his thoughts on how those pieces fit into the timeline, maybe could have worked better on the actual released product than some of the original content.

I love her dearly she Is not lazy but is not motivated. She put out two albums in the last 30 years that’s really really really horrible like she just threw it all away we fans spent thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on her all we want this is a little bit more

Afteryou: how come you spend so much money on her if nothing of the last 30 years has any value?

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    I love her dearly she Is not lazy but is not motivated. She put out two albums in the last 30 years that’s really really really horrible like she just threw it all away we fans spent thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on her all we want this is a little bit more
    i don't disagree that the last two albums have been subpar and not worthy of her. i haven't even bought Thank You.

based on your statement, you're implying that you've invested considerable money into DR product over the decades. concerts, records, posters, etc.

but your purchase of, let's say, The Boss in 1979 is for that product and that product alone. it doesn't guarantee future product nor does it entitle you to some future payout or gift. you paid $X for The Boss and you're continuing to get return from that purchase. Each time you play that album again and receive enjoyment from it, you're receiving benefit from that initial payment of $X.

Then let's say you bought a concert ticket for $Y. concerts are a product less readily available than a record and you're getting the opportunity to be there live. hence it typically being a bit more expensive. You've paid for that experience which you received the night of the concert. and you keep getting a return with your memories of the event, although probably a bit smaller than the return since memories aren't as tangible as actually playing a record again.

so for all of the thousands you've spent, you've received your "dividends" already. There is no commitment with Product X that there'll be another product. You still have Product X and can continue to enjoy it. that is sufficient for the money you spent.

Can someone please post a LINK to this guy's website, that y'all been talkin about? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    Can someone please post a LINK to this guy's website, that y'all been talkin about? Thanks.
    Here you go; Enjoy!
    THE DIANA ROSS PROJECT | THE WEB'S FIRST & ONLY TRACK-BY-TRACK ANALYSIS OF THE DIVA'S DISCOGRAPHY. EST. 2012 [wordpress.com]

so which of his reviews do you agree with or find wrong?

he lists Last Time rather high 4 out of 5. he really dogs Liverpool and GIT. R&H gets 5 out of 5. as does diana 80 and Blue.