[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder penned song

The Contours "Just A Little Misunderstanding" has been a massive favourite with UK Motown fans since it was first released 57 years ago. There are a number of non-Motown alternative versions of the song but did any other Motown acts also cut the song [[Stevie himself even ?).

Yes, jsmith. In addition to THE CONTOURS' version of "Just A Little Misunderstanding", there are 3 additional versions by Motown artists:

J5 - From "Soulsation: 25th Anniversary Collection" [[4-CD Box Set)

Sisters Love - From "With Love" CD

Diana Ross & The Supremes - From "25th Anniversary" CD

Diana Ross & The Supremes - From "Supremes A Go-Go [[Expanded) CD [[Alternate Version)

Many thanx Gary.

I've always wondered if there is a Stevie Wonder version, but I guess it would have surfaced by now.

Don't Forget The Motor City is the best site for this kind of information [[although there is an end date limitation). It's an amazing resource for all Motown fans.

http://www.dftmc.info/index.html

The Jackson 5 version of it is a gem. For me it was the stand-out track of the 'previously unreleased' disc 4 of Soulsation.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidactingsmart View Post
    The Jackson 5 version of it is a gem. For me it was the stand-out track of the 'previously unreleased' disc 4 of Soulsation.

It does strike me strange that an artist /songwriter with emphasis on artist, would not release versions of his own material. Didn't Stevie have a bit of a history of this?? TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD for example...

See also "I Can't Help It" from Off The Wall. I bet demos of all those Stevie songs exist somewhere and I'd kill to hear them. That recent-ish demo for Roberta Flack that someone discovered via the multitracks [["Don't Make Me Wait Too Long") was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Many thanx Gary.
    You're very welcome, jsmith!