[REMOVE ADS]

Wink The Marvelettes - Where Did Our Love Go [[A.I. Cover)

I deleted It.
    Last edited by luca9304; 12-08-2023 at 02:35 PM.

luca, I did enjoy this and I am amazed [[and rather scared) of the good results of your work. Thank you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    luca, I did enjoy this and I am amazed [[and rather scared) of the good results of your work. Thank you for sharing this.
    Thank you! I agree it can be quite scary but i think that Artificial Intelligence should be used only for fun like this and not for serious things.

It's an interesting thing, however Gladys Horton I met her personally, she was a fabulous person and singer with a beautiful voice. Sadly she passed away in 2011.
    If of any interest her biography is a memoir of the original lead singer of the Marvelettes.

Sorry I'm old fashioned but the A1 version is a "wooden plank" nice try.
    I can understand a bit of fun but is the copyright allowed?
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 12-08-2023 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    It's an interesting thing, however Gladys Horton I met her personally, she was a fabulous person and singer with a beautiful voice. Sadly she passed away in 2011.
    If of any interest her biography is a memoir of the original lead singer of the Marvelettes.

Sorry I'm old fashioned but the A1 version is a "wooden plank" nice try.
    I agree, Artificial Intelligence can't match the amazing voice that Gladys had and the emotion she put in the singing. I did this to hear what the song would maybe sound like in her voice.

Agree that this is interesting but the things that can be done these days on computers, either for good or evil, is mind-boggling.

The producers wanted Wanda for the lead

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    The producers wanted Wanda for the lead
    No it was pitched with Gladys in mind and in an higher key [[i didn't change the key cause i don't know which one they had in mind).

The voice sounds nothing like Gladys Horton. In fact it's an insult to her memory!

I salute your intentions, but I'm afraid of what's to come as others join the fray. A version like this probably wouldn't have taken the Marvelettes into the stratosphere. This song belonged to Diana Ross' voice.

Have you got approval to use Gladys voice, Gladys sadly passed away in 2011. Making fun of Gladys as a Motown artist and/or Motown's approval without any agreement is illegal.

If you have no approval then you should take it off "YouTube" straight away.
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 12-08-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    Have you got approval to use Gladys voice, Gladys sadly passed away in 2011. Making fun of Gladys as a Motown artist and/or Motown's approval without any agreement is illegal.

If you have no approval then you should take it off "YouTube" straight away.
    I'm sorry, i didn't realize this could be the response. A.I. covers are very common on the internet so i didn't think about it. I'll take this down.

Thank you Luca.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Thank you Luca.
    I just wanna say that i'm sorry, i didn't want to insult Gladys's memory.

I don’t think it’s illegal at all.

People cover and sample songs daily.

If you were going to sell this song for profit and make money, you would have to pay royalties just like they paid Diana Ross for using I’m Coming Out in Mo Money More Problems

Could you put the video back so we can watch it? At least for a few days.

It would be interesting if you ever heard from anyone about it. Would Jobete want $42 for its use as a practicing tool?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I don’t think it’s illegal at all.

People cover and sample songs daily.

If you were going to sell this song for profit and make money, you would have to pay royalties just like they paid Diana Ross for using I’m Coming Out in Mo Money More Problems

Could you put the video back so we can watch it? At least for a few days.

It would be interesting if you ever heard from anyone about it. Would Jobete want $42 for its use as a practicing tool?
    I don't know, not alot people liked the idea of the cover and i don't want to be in trouble or insult Gladys's memory. I like being on this forum, so i don't think i'll put it back on: i'm sorry for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by luca9304 View Post
    I just wanna say that i'm sorry, i didn't want to insult Gladys's memory.
    I think to accuse you of taking the mickey out of the Marvelettes is very over the top - I'm sure you never intended that. AI I'm afraid is here to stay - witness many live performances by ageing singers - pandoras box has been opened in much the same way as inventing digitising music was its own worst enemy. Plus I'm sure you did not need permission to play with a voice or recording as plenty of extended mixes have been done over the years of music that is in the public domain.
    Maybe it was unwise to share it here that's all I would say

I agree, it's neither illegal or copyright infringement to do what Luca did. More of this is going to happen as we move forwards. The genie is out of the bottle and has no intention of going back in!

I agree, it's neither illegal or copyright infringement to do what Luca did. More of this is going to happen as we move forwards. The genie is out of the bottle and has no intention of going back in!
    So should i put the video on public again? Are you sure it's okay?

People like me won't like it but you don't need anyone's permission on here to put it back. I know that some people want to hear it.

People like me won't like it but you don't need anyone's permission on here to put it back. I know that some people want to hear it.
    Ok it's back.

The voice sounds nothing like Gladys Horton. In fact it's an insult to her memory!
    Seems like there's been a bit of cultural vandalism going on here, with what Luca has done. Put it in the trash can.

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    Seems like there's been a bit of cultural vandalism going on here, with what Luca has done. Put it in the trash can.
    But on second thoughts, perhaps try something really creative, and put the Supes voices on Billboard's current No. 1 "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" LOL, and give us more Motown tracks than we thought we'd already got, since we're getting sweet F A from Universal !! Would also love to hear Marvin's "Up On The Roof". And songs from the Marvelettes "Smash Hits of 62" with the backing tracks from the original hit versions. Now that would be something, and definitely one of the ways to go with all of this !!
    Last edited by Starguard4; 12-08-2023 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    But on second thoughts, perhaps try something really creative, and put the Supes voices on Billboard's current No. 1 "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" LOL, and give us more Motown tracks than we thought we'd already got !! Would love to hear Marvin's "Up On The Roof"
    I permanently deleted the video from YouTube. I didn't want to disrespect anyone, mine was a clumsy attempt to create something creative. I've already deleted the voice model and will never recreate it again.

I think all of you have this right.

It’s not illegal but there’s a discomfort to do this to people who created something we loved.

Who knows where this going - as someone said, this genie is out of the bottle and genie’s do not return to the bottle.

I was a practicing lawyer for 45 years and only recently retired. This discussion reminds me of all the transgender issues. I saw so many grandparents struggling with their grandchildren coming forward and telling them they identified as the opposite sex. Many were upset, some angry and some embraced it. And there are all these movements opposing it. Well that genie is out of the bottle too - and old guys and angry people can’t make it go back in the bottle either.

I am saddened and then appalled by the comments condemning the creative project that luca had spent 5 hours preparing and sharing with us. Although his original remarks have been deleted, I believe he expressed no intent of slandering the Marvelettes and Gladys; but to demonstrate a 'general idea' of what Where Did Our Love Go would sound like with a different lead that Diana.

Some, and note I stated 'some', of the folk here are wound up so tight and expect perfection in any creative endeavor and are so high & mighty as to totally dismiss anything that's not the real thing as they proceed to insult the creator and his intentions.

This forum member is relatively new to the group, and I for one appreciate creativity especially it is accompanied by genuine remarks by the member that his intentions were to demonstrate the capabilities of AI.

Thank you, again, Luca!!!
    Last edited by jobucats; 12-08-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I am saddened and then appalled by the comments condemning the creative project that luca had spent 5 hours preparing and sharing with us. Although his original remarks have been deleted, I believe he expressed no intent of slandering the Marvelettes and Gladys; but to demonstrate a 'general idea' of what Where Did Our Love Go would sound like with a different lead that Diana.

Some, and note I stated 'some', of the folk here are wound up so tight and expect perfection in any creative endeavor and are so high & mighty as to totally dismiss anything that's not the real thing as they proceed to insult the creator and his intentions.

This forum member is relatively new to the group, and I for one appreciate creativity especially it is accompanied by genuine remarks by the member that his intentions were to demonstrate the capabilities of AI.

Thank you, again, Luca!!!
    Thank you for your kind words

I missed it so I don`t know what all the fuss is.

Quote Originally Posted by luca9304 View Post
    I permanently deleted the video from YouTube. I didn't want to disrespect anyone, mine was a clumsy attempt to create something creative. I've already deleted the voice model and will never recreate it again.
    How sad - I would have loved to see your video and as I said, I don’t you did anything at all wrong.

As Motown themselves cut numerous artists on lead vocals over the same backing track. how is what Luca did any different to what BG had the original producers do ?

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    As Motown themselves cut numerous artists on lead vocals over the same backing track. how is what Luca did any different to what BG had the original producers do ?
    Precisely. It's not. Except that some folks here, have got their knickers in a twist about it.

The real question is... how would we like to see AI used to enhance our beloved Motown recordings, especially as we're getting nothing, repeat NOTHING, from Universal.
    Last edited by Starguard4; 12-09-2023 at 04:05 AM.

And Midnight Johnny has been gone 3 years so we don’t get his wonderful remixes

I think the reactions are in part due to something new that us old farts are shocked and set back by.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 12-09-2023 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    And Midnight Johnny has been gone 3 years so we don’t get his wonderful remixes

I think the reaction are in part due to something new that is old farts are shocked and set back by.
    Could well be that.

They have to face it... AI is not going to go away. The genie is well and truly out of the bottle. And once out, it won't go back in.

Luca9304Where is this video?

By the way, I spent a bit of time trying to find a video that had been taken down off youtube some time back that you wanted to see. I had managed to get a better quality copy that was available on the net in France but not here in the UK. You haven't commented on the thread yet so I assume you haven't seen it yet. Do please check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Luca9304Where is this video?

By the way, I spent a bit of time trying to find a video that had been taken down off youtube some time back that you wanted to see. I had managed to get a better quality copy that was available on the net in France but not here in the UK. You haven't commented on the thread yet so I assume you haven't seen it yet. Do please check it out.
    I removed the video because some people weren't happy about it. I would be really happy to see the video you found, thanks for sharing It!

this is great, thank you

Wow! Wanda was really gettin' down! Pity there are so few Marvelettes' videos to be seen. They deserved so much more.

Wanda and Gladys seem to having a quick chat at about 1:51

i made a colorized version, not my best on my channel but i tried. Hope you like it. https://youtu.be/gouclCyLueU