Thread: Wild Honey

Wild Honey

Freddi Poole, Vesta Williams and Mary Flowers
    Wild Honey
    Untamed

CD [[Item 161982) TK/Ultra Vybe [[Japan), 1979 — Condition: New Copy

$10.99 ... CD

List Price: 14.99

Preorder: This title is scheduled for release about Wednesday, December 6.

Add to
    Watch List
    Preorder
    this item

Related searches

Wild Honey
    Soul [[CD, LP)

An obscure disco trio from the Miami soul scene of the 70s – working here in a way that's maybe like a deep soul take on some of the Philly female trios of the same time! The strings are soaring and the grooves are tight – but there's maybe a richer vocal approach from the group than just a few females singing along with a club track – a mode that could have made them a hell of a southern soul trio had they recorded back in the 60s – and which really keeps things interesting here! Arrangements are by Mike Lewis and Clarence Reid – definitely with some familiar TK Records touches, but also maybe more responsive to the vocal needs of the group as well. Titles include "Just Three Nights Away From You" and "Can You Smell My Love Burning", both fantastic ballads – plus "You Danced Your way Into My Life", "This Time Tomorrow", "Selfish For Unselfish Reasons", and "Oops Oops Means I Love You". © 1996-2023, Dusty Groove, Inc.
    Last edited by lakeside; 12-04-2023 at 10:13 PM.

where do I know Freddi Poole from? A later day Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    where do I know Freddi Poole from? A later day Supreme?
    She sang with Scherrie and Lynda for quite a while. I think she is currently with the Three Degrees.

Last edited by lakeside; 12-05-2023 at 12:02 PM.

thanks reese & lakeside, I knew the name was familiar.Strange I don't remember Wild Honey since they were with TK with Mike Lewis & Clarence Reid behind the board.

1 week 3 days ago

FREDDIE POOL - YOUNG HEARTS RUN FREE - the original 7" Radio Mix from 2014 www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKNig5K0xQ

View on FacebookShare

2 weeks 3 days ago

Freddie Pool tonight at The Jam House, Birmingham, England -signing and posing with a copy of her Driving Wheel Records release, "I Will Survive ~ Berlin Remixes"

View on FacebookShare

2 weeks 4 days ago

Driving Wheel History: FREDDIE POOL - BERLIN MACHINE EP - Recorded between 2014 & 2021 youtu.be/QP_HEU4cmgk?si=KBDhU6JzCPI46Wpf

View on FacebookShare

1 month 1 week ago

DRIVING WHEEL History: FREDDIE POOL appeared on the cover art of our very first CD release in 1998! Stoned Love Current artwork is from 25 Years

Was there more than one group called Wild Honey? None of the ladies on the album cover above resemble Freddi or Vesta to me.

Note: I have seen photos of a group that did include Freddi and Vesta.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Was there more than one group called Wild Honey? None of the ladies on the album cover above resemble Freddi or Vesta to me.

Freddie Pool FanSite | Facebook

I have the CD. I think the lady on the far right is Freddi.

I agree, lakeside, looking at the photo of the cover Freddi is on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

I was thinking the same thing, because I sure don't see Vesta, either. Maybe personnel changes happened?

They were from Texas & cut initially for the Houston International label. By 76, they had travelled up to Philly to cut an old NS anthem [[At The Top Of The Stairs) and this got them their TK deal. They'd then go on to cut the album in Miami with the TK production team.
    In the 80's, a UK record dealer [[Oldies Unlimited) bought up 1000's of unsold TK 45's and sold them here in the UK for pennies [[except the hit 45s). You would get dozens of TK singles in with their 100 soul 45 pack's that sold back them for £10 [[so, 10p per 45).
    I got loads of these TK 45' and am sure a few were Wild Honey ones.
    Name:  TK45s.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  103.2 KB

Thanks Lakeside. I will have to check this out. I knew that Freddi Poole was in Wild Honey, but I didn't know Mary Flowers and Vesta Williams were also in that group!

I just saw today that this same Japanese label is issuing a couple of Ritchie Family albums on CD. I will have to make a thread for those