[REMOVE ADS]

Does our Queen have a manager

Question does Diana Ross have a manager who her concerts. They’re not doing a very good job Cher just announced recording a new album in February and what do we get a kick in the ass
    Last edited by after you; 12-03-2023 at 08:11 PM.

Diana is recording another album?

In Canada, our Queen was Elizabeth and not everyone thought it was appropriate that we had a Queen in this era.

Give some details on the new album.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Question does Diana Ross have a manager who her concerts. They’re not doing a very good job Cher just announced recording a new album in February and what do we get a kick in the ass
    I sort of understand the first sentence/question; however, I am lost as to what the rest of this post means. Who is "they're"? And what does "what do we get a kick in the ass" mean?

You can not compare Cher to Diana Ross. Cher has fought to stay current and seems to have succeeded while Ross has embraced more of the oldies circuit, just on a grander scale. Cher appears to be the better businesswoman. Cher has always manipulated the media to cover her controversies whereas Ross shies away from them.

Does Cher do the almost continuous touring Diana does?

Comparing these artists is never wise.

If you look at Bollboards Top Female Vocalists of all time, Diana is 10 and 5 with the Supremes - Cher is 16. Both great but that shows impact.

I’d question whether Diana even wants to do more. Perhaps for those that want more, a move to Beyonce, Rhianna, or Taylor Swift might be warranted.

I completely agree that Diana appears comfortable with her occasional appearances and a direct market lp every few years. But the question was if she had a manager while Cher is apparently enjoying renewed successes with her Christmas recordings.

Diana has many managers. But it is not as important to her as it is to Cher to stay current. I don't see Diana Ross dating a fetus the way Cher is

If she has a manager, she needs to fire him. Dolly and Cher, both 77 years-old, currently have number one albums and hit singles. Diana has not charted for decades. Dolly and Cher continually become known to younger generations which will ensure their relevance for many years to come. Diana is going down the road to eventual obscurity. As a fan, it does not feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I completely agree that Diana appears comfortable with her occasional appearances and a direct market lp every few years. But the question was if she had a manager while Cher is apparently enjoying renewed successes with her Christmas recordings.

Diana has many managers. But it is not as important to her as it is to Cher to stay current. I don't see Diana Ross dating a fetus the way Cher is
    Lol. What does Cher's dating life have to do with Diana not having a hit in decades? Maybe she SHOULD date a fetus and warm up those cockles.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

If you look at Bollboards Top Female Vocalists of all time, Diana is 10 and 5 with the Supremes - Cher is 16. Both great but that shows impact.

I’d question whether Diana even wants to do more. Perhaps for those that want more, a move to Beyonce, Rhianna, or Taylor Swift might be warranted.
    Cher keeps "retiring" but then does a sell out world tour. Good marketing? Who knows.

Comparing artists, architects, hair dressers, janitors, or mothers-in-laws is totally normal. To suggest otherwise often means one falls on the low end of the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    If she has a manager, she needs to fire him. Dolly and Cher, both 77 years-old, currently have number one albums and hit singles. Diana has not charted for decades. Dolly and Cher continually become known to younger generations which will ensure their relevance for many years to come. Diana is going down the road to eventual obscurity. As a fan, it does not feel good.
    Well she did have her Thank You album that could have charted. The record label had a whole bunch of things lined up for her to do interviews and appearances and she said no to all.

I'm guessing she was terrified of COVID.

I bet any number of her kids get allowances for their "management" roles ....

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I'm guessing she was terrified of COVID.

I bet any number of her kids get allowances for their "management" roles ....
    Maybe Diana’s reluctance has also partly caused the demise of any more expanded editions

Most of her children are multi millionaires so I think the day of allowances are gone

Maybe Diana’s reluctance has also partly caused the demise of any more expanded editions

Most of her children are multi millionaires so I think the day of allowances are gone
    I have been tired of the kids and grandkids’ parade and chatter for 30 years. Most parents are proud of their offspring, yet don’t bore others with the endless parades and chatter about them. Diana not only bores people with this, but seriously takes the focus off her glorious career to her professional detriment. Would anyone want to see Chasity/Chaz perform as Cher’s opening act?

Diana’s children should refuse to part of this, but they don’t. They love her spotlight.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 12-05-2023 at 02:47 PM.

I have been tired of the kids and grandkids’ parade and chatter for 30 years. Most parents are proud of their offspring, yet don’t bore others with the endless parades and chatter about them. Diana not only bores people with this, but seriously takes the focus off her glorious career to her professional detriment. Would anyone want to see Chasity/Chaz perform as Cher’s opening act?

Diana’s children should refuse to part of this, but they don’t. They love her spotlight.
    I think you have a point but she doesn’t care; I truly believe that it is a career capper to her to have successful children and that is what she values most.

Sadly that does seem to be the case, with most young folk being familiar with Cher and particularly Dolly. Diana’s name often draws blank looks in my experience.

Yes, yes, and yes. They were wh@ring out Rhonda's son for a while too; getting him on Red Carpets and giving him stage time. Looks like that's subsided a bit. We get it Diana, you love your kids. You're proud of them and their success. But your kids are now in their 30's and 50's. Cut the sequin cord.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. They were wh@ring out Rhonda's son for a while too; getting him on Red Carpets and giving him stage time. Looks like that's subsided a bit. We get it Diana, you love your kids. You're proud of them and their success. But your kids are now in their 30's and 50's. Cut the sequin cord.
    I don’t think she has any real friends, with her children and grandkids being her entire life.

Queen? Oh lord

Did Diana have any friends at Motown besides Mary and Florence? Wasn’t she friends with the Velvelettes?

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Queen? Oh lord

Did Diana have any friends at Motown besides Mary and Florence? Wasn’t she friends with the Velvelettes?
    Devotion to a celebrity of any kind smacks of being unhealthy

I like Motown Ross Supremes but none of them are my Queen. Perhaps Diana is the Queen of Motown but some will argue that too

They were all fortunate to be part of something very special; some made a fortune and some didn’t. Sounds like they had a few love affairs which was great.

The only part I’m not pleased with is when they treat each other like crap, whine about each other etc.

In that instance, I have total respect for Ross because she took a cue from Queen Elizabeth and she shuts her mouth and says nothing - just like the current King says nothing about the yappy spare and his yappy wife

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Queen? Oh lord

I think she was too busy fighting in carparks or stealing fashion ideas from other female groups.