[REMOVE ADS]

The Vandellas [without Martha Reeves] have a New Single, "Vandellas Dance"

From SoulTracks.com-

They were among the most acclaimed stars in the Motown constellation of 1960s. The Vandellas have received just about every musical honor possible, including the Grammy Hall of Fame, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame, and they’re still going strong in 2023.
    Original members Rosalind Holmes and Annette Beard-Helton, along with newer member Roschelle Laughhunn, are back from the studio with a brand new dance single, working with former Miracles lead singer Mark Scott. “Vandellas Dance” brings forward the familiar Vandellas harmonies to a tune that aims listeners right to the dancefloor.
    The cut begins with the ladies talking over a party background before opening into a discofied soundtrack driven by electronic beats and keyboards. They sound great, and it’s a treat to hear them more than six decades after they first entered our musical lives.

my Mama told me if you don't have nothin nice to say, don't say nothin at all.

They deserve credit for their dedication and willingness to bring back memories. The song reminds me of somebody from the disco era but so far I have not put my finger on who that is. As promised the harmony is there.

Rochelle sounds like a younger Martha but not so sure about the song

Good luck with it

I like the song, but the lead vocal needs a sense of urgency to it. It's too laid back for me, almost like a guide vocal rather than a finished product.

as always, Roz & Annette sound GREAT.