[REMOVE ADS]

Will there be pictures?

Today at Hard Rock in Atlantic City, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, and The Four Tops are all there for separate shows. Smokey’s was last night and the others tonight. Is it possible they will meet and release pictures? These would be historic photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Today at Hard Rock in Atlantic City, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, and The Four Tops are all there for separate shows. Smokey’s was last night and the others tonight. Is it possible they will meet and release pictures? These would be historic photos.
    I wouldn't count on it, but it would be nice if they do. When was the last time Diana saw Otis and Duke or even photographed together? Sometimes in the 1990s?

It's kinda foolish on the Hard Rock's part to book both Diana and the Temptations/Four Tops on the same night. You're splitting the Motown/oldies fan base in two and potentially hurting both for sales.

Other than for paying punters at her stage shows, Diana generally has little time for nostalgia or reacquainting herself with the past. For those reasons, i tend to doubt she would be on the lookout for a catchup.
    I'm sure had it been Mary, the likelihood of meeting up would have been far greater leading to some nice pics.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 12-03-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Other than for paying punters at her stage shows, Diana generally has little time for nostalgia or reacquainting herself with the past. For those reasons, i tend to doubt she would be on the lookout for a catchup.
    I'm sure had it been Mary, the likelihood of meeting up would have been far greater leading to some nice pics.
    I don’t think Diana knows any of the Tops or Temps except Otis and Duke.

I understand she connects with people she knows but it’s done privately.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I don’t think Diana knows any of the Tops or Temps except Otis and Duke.

I understand she connects with people she knows but it’s done privately.
    With all due respect, how do you know she connects with people privately and which ones???. Does that mean she would never consider meeting someone after a show?.
    I wouldn’t have thought such personal information to be common knowledge.

With all due respect, how do you know she connects with people privately and which ones???. Does that mean she would never consider meeting someone after a show?.
    I wouldn’t have thought such personal information to be common knowledge.
    Sorry for sounding pompous or knowledgeable

I’ve read that on tour she will connect with people she knows - my memory is that Al Greene was named and also Gloria Gaynor. Not sure who she is bosom buddies with nor do I remember where I read that.

I think I’ve read she does meet people after shows - but likely now it has to be early.

But would she meet new Tempts and Tops she doesn’t know??

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Sorry for sounding pompous or knowledgeable

I’ve read that on tour she will connect with people she knows - my memory is that Al Greene was named and also Gloria Gaynor. Not sure who she is bosom buddies with nor do I remember where I read that.

I think I’ve read she does meet people after shows - but likely now it has to be early.

But would she meet new Tempts and Tops she doesn’t know??
    It’s always possible of course that she was never on particularly intimate terms with either Otis or Duke.

It’s always possible of course that she was never on particularly intimate terms with either Otis or Duke.
    One does not have to be on intimate terms with someone to briefly reconnect when both parties are at the same place. Diana did a fabulous duet with Otis on Try It Baby, plus two tv specials, Ed Sullivan, and 2 albums and hit singles. That’s a history in my book that warrants a “hey dear, how are you, nice to see you again.”

One does not have to be on intimate terms with someone to briefly reconnect when both parties are at the same place. Diana did a fabulous duet with Otis on Try It Baby, plus two tv specials, Ed Sullivan, and 2 albums and hit singles. That’s a history in my book that warrants a “hey dear, how are you, nice to see you again.”
    I would agree with that Circa, but doubt she did.