[REMOVE ADS]

FUNNY GIRL from Real Gone

Real Gone is selling FUNNY GIRL for $8.99. Here's the link for those interested:

https://realgonemusic.com/products/t...y-girl-2cd-set

Thanks marybrewster. Hopefully fans who don't have this excellent set yet, will buy it as an act of support, for future releases. Fans keep asking why there haven't been more expanded editions lately. Sadly, I can't imagine this release has sold well, if they've had to discount a 2 CD set to $8.99. I remember it once went down to $6 on Amazon. I remember this happening in the past with other Supremes releases as well. It's unfortunate, as I know other releases like the Sing Rodgers & Hart expanded CD from 2002, faired much better. Then there's the I Hear A Symphony Expanded, which only got a pressing of 2,000 copies. Maybe the releases with rare and unreleased studio tracks [ie. the pink box set from 2000 and Diana's Blue album] tend to perform better than the ones that are filled more so with alternate versions and live tracks. Don't get me wrong...I love those alternates and live versions too!

All of this got me thinking about how we had that Reflections DVD released in 2006, with a bunch of their TV appearances on it. It's my understanding that it was certified gold. It's funny that after that and the incomplete Supremes Ed Sullivan DVD, nothing else came after that. I thought those sold well?
    Last edited by carlo; 11-30-2023 at 05:31 PM.

...correction, the Reflections Definitive Performances DVD was certified platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Real Gone is selling FUNNY GIRL for $8.99. Here's the link for those interested:

https://realgonemusic.com/products/t...y-girl-2cd-set
    FUNNY GIRL is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    FUNNY GIRL is sold out.
    Nice!!!!!!

haha maybe some employee found some random box of these cds sitting off in some closet or storage and they're like WTF is this doing here?!?!? so they toss it up on the site, clearance price to clean house lol

I hate the way critics often dismiss this album as being some kind of failed experiment being as it sold so poorly. Success shouldn’t be judged solely on sales figures. Diana pours her personality into those tracks containing some of her finest moment's.
    I much prefer it to the film soundtrack.

i think it sold less ,mostly because it was way to much product in 1968.
    the Supremes were still selling units for the Greatest Hits from fall in 1967 into 68.
    then Talk Of The Town and Funny Girl being released simultaneously.
    then we got LC,Join,and Tcb. just way to much product in a short period.
    it seems the last 3 albums released sold well ,.
    perhaps if, FG had been released in spring or early summer.
    i suprised they didnt revisit FG on the GIT special.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i suprised they didnt revisit FG on the GIT special.
    They did david.

Speaking of Real Gone Music, they just rereleased a remastered Steve and Eydie Christmas cd. It is wonderful. Steve and Eydie were a one of a kind act, and I always liked them. I bought the cd through Amazon as Real Gone website only had the vinyl left.