[REMOVE ADS]

Merry Christmas recording dates

we've had a lot of discussion around the recording dates for this lp, who's singing what, etc. I happened to be flipping through the various cds we've received over the years and in one of the booklets was this picture. I think this is a sheet in the background with the studio info. My guess is the numbers correspond with the different tracks recorded?

anyway there's the date and what looks like hand written info on leads. sort of make out Flo on there.

according to the data we've received, the lead for Silent Night was on 9/9. so maybe this was the backing track recording date on 9/1?

Name:  xmas.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  94.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    we've had a lot of discussion around the recording dates for this lp, who's singing what, etc. I happened to be flipping through the various cds we've received over the years and in one of the booklets was this picture. I think this is a sheet in the background with the studio info. My guess is the numbers correspond with the different tracks recorded?

anyway there's the date and what looks like hand written info on leads. sort of make out Flo on there.

according to the data we've received, the lead for Silent Night was on 9/9. so maybe this was the backing track recording date on 9/1?

Name:  xmas.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  94.6 KB
    That is the track sheet for an 8S multitrack tape indicating what songs are on the tape and breakdown of each track. The September 1, 1965 likely refers to the date of the 8S multitrack rather than the actual recording information.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    That is the track sheet for an 8S multitrack tape indicating what songs are on the tape and breakdown of each track. The September 1, 1965 likely refers to the date of the 8S multitrack rather than the actual recording information.
    gotcha! thanks Brad!