[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Company B

Company B

Anyone remember Company B? I was a big fan of free style back in the day. Fun times.

Home | Company B music

I loved & bought these two.

Yeah, Copley, I remember Company B. I've got their "Jam On Me" CD from Hot Productions in Florida back in the late '90s. I think mine is a greatest hits CD -- not their original album also titled "Jam On Me".

Speaking of Company B, their debut album was reissued in an expanded edition. Details from The Second Disc.com site.

Cuban-born American producer Ish Ledesma made a big splash on the Miami music scene, becoming a fixture at Henry Stone's TK Records. Best known for his band Foxy's top ten Pop hit and R&B chart-topper "Get Off," Ledesma was also a prolific session player - Foxy was even enlisted by ABBA on the track for "Voulez-Vous," the Swedish quartet's only studio recording made outside of Sweden - and the creative force behind dance-rock outfit OXO ["Whirly Girl"]. In 1986, Ledesma put together the Latin freestyle trio Company B. Their self-titled debut album on Atlantic Records yielded four Hot Dance Club Play chart entries including the No. 1 hit "Fascinated." Company B has recently returned to CD in an expanded edition, the first release from new label Stereo Sonic.

The expanded Company B is available now from Stereo Sonic, and can be ordered at the links below.

Company B, Company B [Atlantic LP 7 81763-2, 1987 - reissued Stereo Sonic SS01, 2023] [Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. / Amazon Canada]

1. Fascinated
    2. Spin Me Around
    3. Signed in Your Book of Love
    4. I'm Satisfied
    5. Perfect Lover
    6. Full Circle
    7. Jam on Me
    8. Infatuate Me
    9. Fascinated [Club Mix] [Atlantic 12-inch single 0-86731, 1986]
    10. Perfect Lover [Vocal Club Mix] [Atlantic 12-inch single 0-86619, 1987]
    11. Full Circle [Sax and Dog House Mix] [Atlantic 12-inch single 0-86646, 1987]
    12. Full Circle [Club Mix] [Source TBD]
    13. Signed in Your Book of Love [The Street Mix] [Source TBD]

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Speaking of Company B, their debut album was reissued in an expanded edition. Details from The Second Disc.com site.

Cuban-born American producer Ish Ledesma made a big splash on the Miami music scene, becoming a fixture at Henry Stone's TK Records. Best known for his band Foxy's top ten Pop hit and R&B chart-topper "Get Off," Ledesma was also a prolific session player - Foxy was even enlisted by ABBA on the track for "Voulez-Vous," the Swedish quartet's only studio recording made outside of Sweden - and the creative force behind dance-rock outfit OXO ["Whirly Girl"]. In 1986, Ledesma put together the Latin freestyle trio Company B. Their self-titled debut album on Atlantic Records yielded four Hot Dance Club Play chart entries including the No. 1 hit "Fascinated." Company B has recently returned to CD in an expanded edition, the first release from new label Stereo Sonic.

Aha so this explains why when I saw KC in concert [guessing 15 -20 years ago?] Casey introduced one of his back-up singers as Company B and allowed her to come center stage and do a bit of FASCINATED. They had this connection through TK Records ..... and good for KC to give her a job on his tour.

The mentioning of Ish Ledesma has me revisiting this flute-happy song: