[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations and George Kirby from The Temptations Show

Was thinking about this show and found this clip on YouTube. Makes me LOL! Hope it brings a smile to your faces:

"The Temptations Show" [[TV Soundtrack with the bright yellow cover) featuring The Tempts, George Kirby, and Kay Stevens, was released in 1969 on Gordy GS 933. It is [[or, at least, was 8 years ago) available as a digital download on Amazon.

[NOTE: Motown released an unusually large number of live albums by The Temptations during the late '60s. "The Temptations Show" [[above), along with The Temptations "Live At The Copa" and "Live At London's Talk Of The Town", was among them -- in addition to the two live TV Soundtracks with Diana Ross & The Supremes.]
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-24-2023 at 03:15 AM.

You know what Gary? This is causing me such sadness! Why? Because I'm built pretty much like George and watching this gave me exactly the image of what I would have looked like if I had wanted to be a Temptation! And of course, you KNOW those guys would have just said one HUGE AND LOUD NOOOOOOOOO the second they saw me coming through the door!!!!!!!

OH! The Ink Spots part is EXCELLENT!

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    You know what Gary? This is causing me such sadness! Why? Because I'm built pretty much like George and watching this gave me exactly the image of what I would have looked like if I had wanted to be a Temptation! And of course, you KNOW those guys would have just said one HUGE AND LOUD NOOOOOOOOO the second they saw me coming through the door!!!!!!!
    Really, Waiting? Funny...you could have fooled me. There's nothing wrong with being stocky. All the more of you for somebody to love!

[[Sorry to have kept you waiting, Waiting! I didn't see your comment here until just now.)
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-22-2023 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    OH! The Ink Spots part is EXCELLENT!
    Yeah, it's fun!

Hey, Waiting -- please check your PM. Thanks!

"Flat Foot Floogie [[with a Floy Floy)" is a jazz song from way back in 1938. I guess the intention was to show how old and out of touch George Kirby was with the then current Temptations.