[REMOVE ADS]

Billboard’s Top Female Vocalists

Name:  IMG_1297.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  17.1 KBName:  IMG_1297.jpg
Size:  17.1 KB

If this is blurry, you can read it at Billboard.com

Diana Ross is at 10. I think you can understand why such a fuss is made because if you add on all those Supremes hits, the impact was significant

So true , is this current

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    So true , is this current
    Brand new and updated

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Name:  IMG_1297.jpg
Size:  17.1 KBName:  IMG_1297.jpg

If this is blurry, you can read it at Billboard.com

Diana Ross is at 10. I think you can understand why such a fuss is made because if you add on all those Supremes hits, the impact was significant
    I very much agree.

looks interesting cant read it

cant find it at billboard

https://www.billboard.com/charts/gre...women-artists/

This is an old list - I’m looking for the new. The new is only solo female singers; this one is female groups as well. On this one Supremes at 6 and Diana at 11.

excellent Rob, thank you for your bother! yes it works.

I love lists like this that are performance based, rather than ones like at Rolling Stone where they pull the rankings out of their biased ass. Not to in any way imply its perfect.....Gloria Estafan gets points included while being in a group, Stevie Nicks doesn't.

Barbra Streisand: #14

Poor man's version: #52
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-22-2023 at 11:18 PM.

The two glaring omissions that I see are Nancy Wilson and Shirley Bassey. Either one of them could sing most of these other women under the table.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    The two glaring omissions that I see are Nancy Wilson and Shirley Bassey. Either one of them could sing most of these other women under the table.
    This is objective based on the Billboard charts - so it isn’t about who is best

Neither Bassey or Wilson had many American hits

So many British talents never made it big in the US even though they would be featured close to the top of a similar UK list [[Kate Bush for one).

And it's funny that some Americans like Debbie Harry would probably rate higher in a UK ranking than a US one.

And if this chart only covered the last 40 years Diana would probably struggle to be listed at all.

This is a chart based on sales, airplay, streams, downloads. Artistry and talent are not factors on this list. Evaluations of artistry and talent are much more subjective than an evaluation based on numbers and statistics. So such lists, whether they are based on sales/airplay/streams, or one that goes in a more subjective direction, should just be taken for what they are. If your fandom of an artist is dependent on being validated by such lists then maybe you're not much of a fan of the artist as you think you are as you don't have confidence in your own taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    This is a chart based on sales, airplay, streams, downloads. Artistry and talent are not factors on this list. Evaluations of artistry and talent are much more subjective than an evaluation based on numbers and statistics. So such lists, whether they are based on sales/airplay/streams, or one that goes in a more subjective direction, should just be taken for what they are. If your fandom of an artist is dependent on being validated by such lists then maybe you're not much of a fan of the artist as you think you are as you don't have confidence in your own taste.
    Amen to all this, Spreadinglove.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I agree as well.

I prefer the objective lists for the most part.

The endless facebooks posts about how wonderful and great certain performers are - they are just a complete waste of typing and breathe

hopefully this image will be bigger

Name:  IMG_0368.jpg
Views: 355

Unfortunately it’s not

I wonder if this is a form of sabotage to make us use their site

Maybe this one is large enough to read:
    Name:  billboard-hot-100-top-female-solo-artists-of-all-time-based-v0-7uniz46no81c1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  102.6 KB

Might be even bigger
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great to see Diana at number 10, but can anyone tell me WHAT ON EARTH Brenda Lee charted this decade [[2020-present). Was it ​Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree? That's all I can think would have charted recently.

It’s “of all time” - see Lesley Gore and Dusty Springfield

It’s “of all time” - see Lesley Gore and Dusty Springfield
    But doesn't the red shading mean "Artist has charted during this decade...".

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    But doesn't the red shading mean "Artist has charted during this decade...".
    Yes and I think you are totally right - I think it’s Rockin Around the Christmas Tree and I think it’s back on the chart right now

https://www.billboard.com/charts/gre...women-artists/

This is an old list - I’m looking for the new. The new is only solo female singers; this one is female groups as well. On this one Supremes at 6 and Diana at 11.
    Yeah, the one posted by Hot Sheet is stuff he was tabulating on his own. In the list you posted, Taylor Swift is 10th place, in his, she moved up to 6th. I think reality is Taylor might be at 8th place but I doubt Diana, who hasn't been active at all on the Hot 100 since 1986 would suddenly move up to tenth place. Just not realistic lol

I do think Brenda's moved up [[via RATCT still charting). Whitney could still maintain her position at 4th place if IWDWS re-charts after New Years'.

I saw this posted elsewhere in a larger, clearer version, and the first line says this us from 2015.

I would imagine the likes of Cardi B and Nicki Minaj and Rhianna are much further up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I saw this posted elsewhere in a larger, clearer version, and the first line says this us from 2015.

I would imagine the likes of Cardi B and Nicki Minaj and Rhianna are much further up the list.
    The one here is brand new

But I posted a link to the older one which included female led groups like the Supremes, the Carpenters and Gladys Knight and the Pips

And all the reality of the world, Diana Ross should be near the top her supreme songs are her soul songs with back ups, just back up singers the most of the time it was the AdanteS And that’s a fact, watch the videos

She is near the top; combine her Supremes songs with her solo songs and she might be at the top.

Yes the Andantes and others sing background but so do Mary Cindy Flo Barbara and that sound in the early days, the call and response, so calculated but so soothing, was as remarkable as Taylor Swift is today

The one here is brand new

But I posted a link to the older one which included female led groups like the Supremes, the Carpenters and Gladys Knight and the Pips
    Thank you Rob.

She is near the top; combine her Supremes songs with her solo songs and she might be at the top.

Yes the Andantes and others sing background but so do Mary Cindy Flo Barbara and that sound in the early days, the call and response, so calculated but so soothing, was as remarkable as Taylor Swift is today
    Funny how some artists are included with their groups; Gloria Estefan, Patti, Joan Jett, Chaka.

I would be curious to see where Diana would be with the inclusion of The Supremes, if they're not included.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Funny how some artists are included with their groups; Gloria Estefan, Patti, Joan Jett, Chaka.

I would be curious to see where Diana would be with the inclusion of The Supremes, if they're not included.
    Yeah I would too - just for fun

Sometimes you would think the people doing this work don’t think very hard

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Great to see Diana at number 10, but can anyone tell me WHAT ON EARTH Brenda Lee charted this decade [[2020-present). Was it ​Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree? That's all I can think would have charted recently.
    Well, you were not wrong! And it's charted, yet again !!!