[REMOVE ADS]

Endless love recorded in Toronto Lionel discusses

https://www.facebook.com/scpangburn/...ibextid=UVffzb
    Absolutely amazing facts about Diana endless love

I so wish the interviewer had asked Lionel what he thought of Diana’s rather lacking solo version.

Lionel dispels more myths and conspiracy theories

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Lionel dispels more myths and conspiracy theories
    I’m intrigued about those conspiracy theories. Lionel’s account of the recording of “Endless Love” is by now pretty much common knowledge i would say.

A pretty common one that appeared on here several times is that they dislike each other, couldn’t work together and will never appear together again.

I guess it might be her view because we haven’t heard directly from her but it isn’t his.

A pretty common one that appeared on here several times is that they dislike each other, couldn’t work together and will never appear together again.

I guess it might be her view because we haven’t heard directly from her but it isn’t his.
    i've not heard that there is significant bad blood between them. the worst i've heard is that Lionel sometimes struggles with punctuality and Diana is exactly on time. so that might have caused some minor annoyances.

on a personal level i have no idea if they are close. i'm guessing not since there's an age gap and they were just in totally different stages of life. when he hit it big with the commodores and motown, she was already a mother of two and divorced [[or about to be).

Can we assume that they also recorded "Dreaming of You," which was included on the movie's soundtrack, that same morning? Or did I miss the part where he mentioned that?

Like sup, i never heard that either. I seem to remember an issue where it was reported in the press that Diana would be appearing with Lionel and the Commodores in concert without her knowledge or consent. Diana apparently feeling rather angry about it, but not enough to cause a major fall out.
    Having said that, it does seem more then coincidence that in forty one years they were always to far apart to ever have performed this iconic song together again. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Like sup, i never heard that either. I seem to remember an issue where it was reported in the press that Diana would be appearing with Lionel and the Commodores in concert without her knowledge or consent. Diana apparently feeling rather angry about it, but not enough to cause a major fall out.
    Having said that, it does seem more then coincidence that in forty one years they were always to far apart to ever have performed this iconic song together again. Hmmm.
    It may predate your time on the Board, but I’m pretty sure if you search threads you will find at least one famed poster who suggested more than once that Diana and Lionel would never do anything together again and that they strongly dislike or loathed each other - or at least one of them did and I don’t know who that would have been.

It may predate your time on the Board, but I’m pretty sure if you search threads you will find at least one famed poster who suggested more than once that Diana and Lionel would never do anything together again and that they strongly dislike or loathed each other - or at least one of them did and I don’t know who that would have been.
    Are you referring to marv who sadly died a few years back?. He always did have a soft spot for Diana god bless him.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 11-16-2023 at 01:30 PM.

If Diana Ross who has never shown much sentiment for the Supremes, despite 10 years in the group and starting with them as teens with a dream to sing, why should one expect her to be sentimental about Lionel Ritchie, with whom she did a couple of recording sessions and performed with once? Her job on the songs they recorded was to convincingly convey the story of the songs. Just because the song was called Endless Love doesn't mean she felt an endless love for Ritchie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    If Diana Ross who has never shown much sentiment for the Supremes, despite 10 years in the group and starting with them as teens with a dream to sing, why should one expect her to be sentimental about Lionel Ritchie, with whom she did a couple of recording sessions and performed with once? Her job on the songs they recorded was to convincingly convey the story of the songs. Just because the song was called Endless Love doesn't mean she felt an endless love for Ritchie.
    The thing about “Endless Love” being it’s probably one of the most iconic duets ever recorded. If they are indeed friends, it’s a little sad for the fans that they only ever performed it together once. If not, then enough said.
    In the scheme of things it’s really not that important.

Didn't Bluebrock say that it was on the cards that Lionel would "drop in" at Glastonbury and perform EL with Diana before the original date had to be postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Didn't Bluebrock say that it was on the cards that Lionel would "drop in" at Glastonbury and perform EL with Diana before the original date had to be postponed?
    I wasn’t aware that the Sunday afternoon legends spot had ever been postponed.