[REMOVE ADS]

If Diana Ross sang believe

Diana Ross sang believe would’ve she had a hit all it takes is that one song one damn good song and she flies into the stratosphere come on Diana you can do it. It’s never too late.

Believe was a quarter century ago. I suppose Diana Ross could try to get Taylor Swift to write and produce a hit for her. I checked top streaming songs, and here's a top one from a female artist. Maybe Diana can cop this sound?

Or, and this is a more serious proposal, in light of the Beatles getting another hit recently by combining a John Lennon recorded vocal from the 70s, a George Harrison guitar part from the 90s and new materials by McCartney and Starr, maybe Diana and what remains of HDH could use a vaulted Mary and Flo background vocal part in which no lead was recorded and put something together for a last Supremes single?

i'm assuming you're talking about Cher's Believe from 98 or so?

I don't know if this song itself would have necessarily worked for Diana. the electronic gimmickry was achieved using auto tuner. and i don't know if that effect would have been a success with Diana's voice. plus the whole electronic pop style.

Diana has a much more nasal tone than Cher, who's voice is deeper and a darker tone. I wonder if the approach would have made Diana's voice even more piercing and nasal.

in terms of giving Diana a massive hit in the late 90s, of the music she recorded I think the remix of Not Over You Yet or Carry On were the strongest options. as we discussed in the Force Behind thread, that album was too AC. Take Me Higher was a strong album but again, not something groundbreaking.

I've said several times that NOT OVER YOU YET should have been to Diana what BELIEVE was to Cher.

I was a DJ at a gay club when both tracks dropped [[in addition to Tina Turner's WHEN THE HEARTACHE IS OVER) and I played them in heavy rotation, always with an enthusiastic response.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Or, and this is a more serious proposal, in light of the Beatles getting another hit recently by combining a John Lennon recorded vocal from the 70s, a George Harrison guitar part from the 90s and new materials by McCartney and Starr, maybe Diana and what remains of HDH could use a vaulted Mary and Flo background vocal part in which no lead was recorded and put something together for a last Supremes single?
    It's a nice idea, but there's no way she would ever do this.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Diana Ross sang believe would’ve she had a hit all it takes is that one song one damn good song and she flies into the stratosphere come on Diana you can do it. It’s never too late.
    And if I could grown a pee pee, play great football and join the Dallas Cowboys I could be as rich as Dak Prescott so whats your point?

Diana is darned near 80 and her hit days are over. Cher Christmas album sold 22,000 copies and went to #1 on the Christmas chart. That wouldnt pay her Christmas makeup bill.

Touring and merch are where the major $$ are.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And if I could grown a pee pee, play great football and join the Dallas Cowboys I could be as rich as Dak Prescott so whats your point?

Diana is darned near 80 and her hit days are over. Cher Christmas album sold 22,000 copies and went to #1 on the Christmas chart. That wouldnt pay her Christmas makeup bill.

Touring and merch are where the major $$ are.
    Excellent logic Roberta. Cher is using her Christmas album to stay in the spotlight. Does Cher do many performances these days?

Brad, why would Diana not consider an AI idea? Does she want nothing to do with Supremes and Mary and Flo?