[REMOVE ADS]

1973 in Diana Ross career

We all know here that 1973 has been an important year in Diana Ross’ career, marked by the international release of Lady Sings the Blues, her nomination as best actress at the Academy Awards, a tour in Europe, Asia and Australia and other awards and countless public appearances.

There’s one series of photos of this year that I didn’t succeed to relate to an event – while working on the Timeline 1973, now online at http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/index.htm - and I hope someone can help to identify this event. It’s not really obvious but there’s a Christmas tree behind Diana’s mother on one of the pics and another one, not displayed here, shows Diana and Robert in a lobby [[of a theatre) so this might be a film premiere or a play circa Christmas 1973 [[or 1972). A least one of the photo of the series has been taken by Bill Holz, and another was credited as an event in Hollywood in 1973.

Any clue ?

Name:  1973 - unknown event in Hollywood -4.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  22.1 KBName:  1973 - unknown event in Hollywood -6R.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  63.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    We all know here that 1973 has been an important year in Diana Ross’ career, marked by the international release of Lady Sings the Blues, her nomination as best actress at the Academy Awards, a tour in Europe, Asia and Australia and other awards and countless public appearances.

There’s one series of photos of this year that I didn’t succeed to relate to an event – while working on the Timeline 1973, now online at http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/index.htm - and I hope someone can help to identify this event. It’s not really obvious but there’s a Christmas tree behind Diana’s mother on one of the pics and another one, not displayed here, shows Diana and Robert in a lobby [[of a theatre) so this might be a film premiere or a play circa Christmas 1973 [[or 1972). A least one of the photo of the series has been taken by Bill Holz, and another was credited as an event in Hollywood in 1973.

Any clue ?

Name:  1973 - unknown event in Hollywood -4.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  22.1 KBName:  1973 - unknown event in Hollywood -6R.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  63.3 KB
    The photos are from the wedding/reception of Hazel Gordy and Jermaine Jackson.

That's Hazel Gordy's wedding, December 15, 1973.

Put Mrs. Ross in a 24 foot wig and this photo is Diana Ross of today. I could always see the resemblance between Diana and her mother. I think the younger she was, she looked more like her father. The older she's gotten, she looks more like her mother.

Not ever seeing Mary's father, I could always see some of her mother in her, but like Diana, I think in her older age she looked like her mother.

Thinking on it, I don't think I've ever seen any of the Supremes parents except Diana and Flo's parents, Mary's mother, and of course Lynda's legendary father. I might have the vaguest memory of Scherrie's mother, but I don't trust the memory. Until the article about Cindy's current issues, I'd never seen anyone from her family.

Nice timeline. I look forward to more years being added.