[REMOVE ADS]

Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Ranked

https://www.vulture.com/article/rock...-to-worst.html

This is a good article with lots of discussion of people that should be in

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    https://www.vulture.com/article/rock...-to-worst.html

This is a good article with lots of discussion of people that should be in
    Yes, a good read. Thanks for posting. Of course, I went straight to the Supremes and it made me want to read the whole article.

The most exciting stage personality of all time only manages to get in @ #75
    .......... whoever did the ranking is totally rank themselves.

He annoyed me with so so many things he wrote.

Complains that the Hall of Fame is 'a man's world' [[which I agree with) but female acts are not ranked very highly by him

And to say - of lowly-ranked ABBA - "not a band that left much of a mark on history" is simply foolish. How many acts could come back after 40 years and have a Grammy-nominated worldwide smash?
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 11-07-2023 at 06:53 AM.

after I saw where he says "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes was 1960 [[it was 1963), I could not go any further. I hate these major mistakes, so I'm sure there are many more.

He’s put a mountain of work into this

While I don’t agree with all his critiques - Abba was a standout - he has strong valid criticisms of women, black artists, black women etc. being left out. He has some first hand knowledge of fighting to get for example, Lesley Gore, in. He’s got several examples of white rock artists who did little to warrant getting in but nonetheless are in.

Joni Mitchell 24 and Bruce Springsteen 51 and Michael Jackson 61. So wrong. They all should have been in the top 10 or 20 IMHO.

Ill be there by the 4Tops

Wow what a total idiot, one sentence and the guy does not get it right. Pretty pathetic

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has annoyed me for years. Connie Francis has sold an estimated 100 million records worldwide throughout her career. She has been one of the best-selling recording artists of all time, with over 100 charting singles, including number-one hits like “Who’s Sorry Now” and "Where the Boys Are".

As for why she isn’t in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, there is no definitive answer. The induction criteria include the influence and significance of the artists’ contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll. The way Dolly Parton did?

Many fans and critics have argued that Connie Francis deserves to be inducted, and there is still a chance that she might be in the future. That would be nice but she retired in 2018 and is 86. At this point, if it were offered to her, she should do the same as Cher intends to do if offered to her at this late stage - give them the finger.

I look at others on this list from the fifties and sixties era who made the list. Del Shannon was basically a one hit wonder and he was inducted. Connie dominated the charts for a decade with 100 million sales, has quite a few gold records and she has continued to perform til 2018. Yet she continues to be ignored.

Rodney Dangerfield isn't the only one who gets no respect

Wenner is both racist and sexist - there’s a starting point about why people aren’t in and why it’s so disrespected

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    He annoyed me with so so many things he wrote.

Complains that the Hall of Fame is 'a man's world' [[which I agree with) but female acts are not ranked very highly by him

And to say - of lowly-ranked ABBA - "not a band that left much of a mark on history" is simply foolish. How many acts could come back after 40 years and have a Grammy-nominated worldwide smash?
    Right. How can you be rightfully mad at how male-oriented the RRHOF is but then complain about them? Also, "contemporary pop music" is one of many subgenres under "rock and roll" or at least another name for it. ABBA belongs, period.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has annoyed me for years. Connie Francis has sold an estimated 100 million records worldwide throughout her career. She has been one of the best-selling recording artists of all time, with over 100 charting singles, including number-one hits like “Who’s Sorry Now” and "Where the Boys Are".

As for why she isn’t in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, there is no definitive answer. The induction criteria include the influence and significance of the artists’ contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll. The way Dolly Parton did?

Many fans and critics have argued that Connie Francis deserves to be inducted, and there is still a chance that she might be in the future. That would be nice but she retired in 2018 and is 86. At this point, if it were offered to her, she should do the same as Cher intends to do if offered to her at this late stage - give them the finger.

I look at others on this list from the fifties and sixties era who made the list. Del Shannon was basically a one hit wonder and he was inducted. Connie dominated the charts for a decade with 100 million sales, has quite a few gold records and she has continued to perform til 2018. Yet she continues to be ignored.

Rodney Dangerfield isn't the only one who gets no respect
    Connie could get in as a "musical influence". Which is just... I don't get why she didn't get in. Brenda Lee was a no-brainer but Connie and Dionne should've been "no brainers" too. Weird.