[REMOVE ADS]

November 5th, 1962

LET ME GO THE RIGHT WAY was released 61 years ago!

#90 Billboard
    #26 R&B
    #82 Cashbox
    #29 Cashbox R& B

Fun fact: Marvin Gaye is on the drums with the Funks.

One of my favorites from the "no hit Supremes" era.....I like Diana's grittiness in parts for lack of a better term.
    Darin

this, Time Changes Things and You Bring Back Memories are the strongest songs from the MTS era

One of the more perfect songs from this era of the group. They all sound on top of their game. Excellent example of Diana's rhythm and blues abilities. She really tears through it in parts. Interestingly, there is still some weird debate among people that this isn't Diana but Florence instead. I always blamed it on the book Triumph and Tragedies [[I think that's what it was called), a Supremes book we don't ever seem to talk about, that erroneously credited the single to Florence. But I've seen the debate on "Right Way" videos, and so even hearing it some people still question it. There are some people out there who really believe Diana was only capable of singing a certain way or that she couldn't tear a song up. I'm always reminded of Mary's description of them doing "Night Time Is the Right Time" and how the place would go crazy when Diana did her part. The lady wasn't a Primette because she could sing MOR. She was in the group because she could flat out sing. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    One of the more perfect songs from this era of the group. They all sound on top of their game. Excellent example of Diana's rhythm and blues abilities. She really tears through it in parts. Interestingly, there is still some weird debate among people that this isn't Diana but Florence instead. I always blamed it on the book Triumph and Tragedies [[I think that's what it was called), a Supremes book we don't ever seem to talk about, that erroneously credited the single to Florence. But I've seen the debate on "Right Way" videos, and so even hearing it some people still question it. There are some people out there who really believe Diana was only capable of singing a certain way or that she couldn't tear a song up. I'm always reminded of Mary's description of them doing "Night Time Is the Right Time" and how the place would go crazy when Diana did her part. The lady wasn't a Primette because she could sing MOR. She was in the group because she could flat out sing. Geez.
    i agree. wish we had more info as to why this song cracked a few charts but not others. was it a timing issue? hitting in different markets at different times and therefore resulting in stunted national chart ranking? was it a distribution issue? would it have helped to maybe strongarm them onto a show like Bandstand? get some national exposure?

I do think they wasted too good a song for the B side. Time Changes Things was another high quality song from this period and frankly should have been the follow up instead of the dreadful My Heart Can't Take It No More