[REMOVE ADS]

LOVELIGHT is released October 31, 1963

The HDH song that started it all; reaching #23 on the Billboard charts.

Also number 2 on the R&B chart for Billboard and Cashbox. Cashbox put it as high as 20 for their pop listing.

The ladies were firing on all cylinders for this one. It's not exactly a big fav of mine, but I do really like it. [[I previously didn't care for it for a long time.) Diana sounds great, Flo and Mary are killing it, the lyrics are good and the Funks are kicking butt.

That's a pretty good chart position. Although I was listening to the radio at that time and falling in love with all of the popular music [[I was around 10 years old), I don't recall hearing this being played on the stations to which I was listening. Until I heard Debbie Boone's version, I never appreciated the heartwarming, story-telling lyrics.

Always loved this one as it was one of the few DFM singles that had the 'Motown Sound' rather than the 'Supremes Sound' - I'm sure that will make sense to most of you lol