[REMOVE ADS]

Clarence Avant's Daughter Remembers Her Dad [and His Friends]

From RollingStone.com-

IN THE MIDDLE of August this year, three legends of the music industry died within 72 hours of each other: founder of A&M Records Jerry Moss; music lawyer Abe Somer; and my father, the “Black Godfather” himself, Clarence Avant. These three men helped define the recording industry of the past six decades, and what’s more, they were inseparable best friends.

Somer, Moss, and Avant met in New York City in the early 1960s, and in the six decades since, never left one another’s side, never once let their “soul contract” expire. The synchronicity of them passing in the space of just a few days makes me wonder if they simply couldn’t face being on the planet when one of the others was gone —that’s how close they were.

Read full article here-

How 'Black Godfather' Clarence Avant Found Success With His Friends [rollingstone.com]

thank you for that , Motown Eddie, I enjoyed reading that article.

Whoa , hadn't heard about any of this. Quite an interesting twist too.

I had just gotten my car repaired earlier this summer and one of the service guys and I got to talking and he was telling me he and his wife had recently moved here from Hawaii. Like me, his wife is into plants and misses all that grows in Hawaii. She maintained some exclusive home gardens there, and decided to keep one account so she's paid to fly over there regularly to work on it!

He said it was Jerry Moss' place and that information lead to a lengthening of the conversion into music , the main thrust of his comments was that Moss was a great guy.

RIP Jerry Moss , Clarence Avant and Abe Somer.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-30-2023 at 06:18 PM.