[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Nightflight" June 28/9PM - Midnight EST: Belated Birthday Tribute to Diana Ross

Join host and engineer John Perrone for a special Listener's Choice belated birthday [[it was March 26th) tribute to Diana Ross compiled by David B Abbott [[aka dba on SDF).

Name:  Nightflight 2011 copy2.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  55.7 KB

David

Hope the show goes well tonight. Can you use your powers of persuasion to get Johnny to do one of those podcasts so that us Europeans can get to hear it too

RossHolloway Guest
    Excellent! Diana Ross has been my favorite artist for over 30 years!! Can't wait to listen in tonight. I hope to hear the songs What You Gave Me and You Were The One, both such over looked classics!

Ross Holloway since i did the playlists I can tell you hat the two songs you asked for are not on the list. You Were The One was on my show two years ago.

However there will be lots of goodies and lots of over looked classics. Thanks for your interest.

I will see what I can do to get MJ to pod cast.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    Ross Holloway since i did the playlists I can tell you hat the two songs you asked for are not on the list. You Were The One was on my show two years ago.

However there will be lots of goodies and lots of over looked classics. Thanks for your interest.

WHAT??!!! No You Were The One and What You Gave Me??!! *SIGH*. Well hopefully there are at least some unreleased or Live gems tonight.

It's a wonderful thing to have dba do his almost yearly "Listener's Choice" Diana Ross tribute...and even though her birthday tribute is a bit belated...better late than never! Now David....no need in giving up all the goodies that people will hear during this remarkable overview of Ross' incredible career....we DO want some surprises...eh? David...thanks for your hard and great work! BTW...David will be joining us during the show at some point....remote from the beach or the big city! Join us! And thanks!

....a sad reminder...I've been told by the station heads that podcasts that include the music aren't possible due to copyright issues...I know that some podcasts by others do include music...but WOMR is choosing to not. I'm sorry....I'd much rather have the podcasts include the music....

David & John.........it looks like a rainy summer day here........I'll try and get home early and listen.

So........did "And If You See Him?" make it?

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    It's a wonderful thing to have dba do his almost yearly "Listener's Choice" Diana Ross tribute...and even though her birthday tribute is a bit belated...better late than never! Now David....no need in giving up all the goodies that people will hear during this remarkable overview of Ross' incredible career....we DO want some surprises...eh? David...thanks for your hard and great work! BTW...David will be joining us during the show at some point....remote from the beach or the big city! Join us! And thanks!

....a sad reminder...I've been told by the station heads that podcasts that include the music aren't possible due to copyright issues...I know that some podcasts by others do include music...but WOMR is choosing to not. I'm sorry....I'd much rather have the podcasts include the music....
    Hey Midnight J. When do I get my turn at bat for a "Listener's Choice" evening?

Hey Johnny -
    My favorite DJ, my favorite radio program and my favorite artist!! Heaven, sheer heaven! I first heard Diana in 1963, fell in love with the voice and have never looked back! We've been "together" 48 years! Yikes!! [[I was only two when I started! - actually I was 12). It's been an inspirational journey. Looking forward to David's tribute, it's always a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    David & John.........it looks like a rainy summer day here........I'll try and get home early and listen.

So........did "And If You See Him?" make it?
    Great, Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Hey Midnight J. When do I get my turn at bat for a "Listener's Choice" evening?
    Ross...I've been doing "Listener's Choice" for quite a number of years. It's open to you and all. We've had wonderful shows put together by dba [[as he did for tonight), sophisticated_soul [[who has done scores of them), lovechild, a few members that have left us, and a few non-SDF members too. All you need to do is come up with a suitable artist/theme [[Motown, girl groups; it doesn't have to be Motown...just music that is in keeping with "Nightflight"...and that includes a lot), 2 cds worth of music about 65 minutes each....and that's it! Ross...email me at jpatpt@yahoo.com and let me know what ideas you have....create the cds....and you and I can come up with an air date. Thanks for your interest!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Hey Johnny -
    My favorite DJ, my favorite radio program and my favorite artist!! Heaven, sheer heaven! I first heard Diana in 1963, fell in love with the voice and have never looked back! We've been "together" 48 years! Yikes!! [[I was only two when I started! - actually I was 12). It's been an inspirational journey. Looking forward to David's tribute, it's always a winner.
    Joseph....you are too good to me! You are [[to quote Mary Wilson) "yet and still" the reigning king of the "Nightflight Listener's Choice" shows....with more than 20 under your belt!

RossHolloway Guest
    ross...i've been doing "listener's choice" for quite a number of years. It's open to you and all. We've had wonderful shows put together by dba [[as he did for tonight), sophisticated_soul [[who has done scores of them), lovechild, a few members that have left us, and a few non-sdf members too. All you need to do is come up with a suitable artist/theme [[motown, girl groups; it doesn't have to be motown...just music that is in keeping with "nightflight"...and that includes a lot), 2 cds worth of music about 65 minutes each....and that's it! Ross...email me at jpatpt@yahoo.com and let me know what ideas you have....create the cds....and you and i can come up with an air date. Thanks for your interest!
    John
    awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    awesome!!!!
    Ross....also...you can come on the air also, if you'd like, to talk about the music you've chosen, to say hello to your folks and friends, etc.

RossHolloway Guest
    Ross....also...you can come on the air also, if you'd like, to talk about the music you've chosen, to say hello to your folks and friends, etc.
    I'm gonna have to take you up on your offer!

Hi JP and DBA - Looking forward to the music and surprises tonight. Have a good shoe

Hey folks I'm on Fire Island and hope everyone enjoys.

You're off to a great start!

Thanks, Joey!

We'll talk with you in a little bit!!!

RossHolloway Guest
    I'm finally on and listening. My computer decide to develope a personality of its own and crash at 8:55pm!
    So what did I miss so far, I started listening on Going Down For The Third Time.

Welcome, Ross!
    Anyone Who HAd A Heart
    Nothing but Heartaches
    I Hear a Symphony
    [[all Live)

Shake me Wake me
    My world Is Empty without You [[Tranzition Remix)
    Going Down....well, you know the rest!
    Last edited by midnight johnny; 06-28-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Wow the time is flying by - awesome show DBA!

Welcome. Anyone Who [[all Live) Shake Wake My world Is You Going Down....well, you know the rest!

Johnny, I think you've been misquoted! What a difference a delete key makes, 24 little key strokes! LOL!!

Show's going great! Loving the selections!!

Thank you for including Reach Out ... love it!

johnny, i think you've been misquoted! What a difference a delete key makes, 24 little key strokes! Lol!!
    ........huh?

Great show. Thanks DBA.

........huh?
    Just a lame attempt at being clever!

Reach out everyone!

RossHolloway Guest
    I love Diana's version of Reach Out, I wish she would end her concerts with that song.

hi Jim welcome to the DIANA party

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    hi Jim welcome to the DIANA party
    Ross I would faint if DIana sand Reach Out in concert lol

Welcome, Jim!!!

"Reach Out.....".....one of my alltime FAVS!!

Leave a Little Room...thank you for making me cry dba but very happy tears they be

"Leave A Little Room" without the Drown Her Out Choir. I love it! My favorite version.

Actually she ended the Return to love shows with Reach Out

I wish I could hear THAT! You didn't happen to bring your cassette recorder with you, did you [[*smile)?

Hello John. Sorry I'm late. The dog ate my homework!! Really looking forward to the second half of the show. Cheers!!

Mike Wheeler
    Houston, Texas

I think I have two bad dvd's of the Philly show and the Madison Sq. show but there unfortunately are major sound problems with Reach out that no MJ remix could fix because the audio cuts out

I love Diana's version of Corner of the Sky...

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Hello John. Sorry I'm late. The dog ate my homework!! Really looking forward to the second half of the show. Cheers!!

Mike Wheeler
    Houston, Texas

Ahhh...welcome, Mike!!

I think I have two bad dvd's of the Philly show and the Madison Sq. show but there unfortunately are major sound problems with Reach out that no MJ remix could fix because the audio cuts out

I'm sad.........

Yes, Humphrey's By The Bay, September 13th! Great venue, but the seats are too small!

Yes, Humphrey's By The Bay, September 13th! Great venue, but the seats are too small!

.....SPANX? [[*grin)

omg i used to play Here I Am over n over n over thanks for including it tonite DBA

RossHolloway Guest
    Midnight you are truly THE ONE!

I think we will be doing alot of standing that nite ...

dba - did i hear u say that we will be hearing workin overtime tonight or did you choose bottom line instead? lol

RossHolloway Guest
    Wait. Are we talking Reach Out and Touch Somebodys Hand or Reach Out And I'll Be There [[The Four Tops remake?)??

RossHolloway Guest
    Where does that instrumental track come from of I'm Still Waiting? It really is quite beautiful.