[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes: The Never Before Released Masters

I wonder if this CD will ever get rereleased in some form? Copies certainly demand a high price on eBay/Amazon. I know some of the tracks have shown up on other compilations but not all of them have, have they? I'm hoping that they will all see the light of day again on the terrific HIP-O releases as they continue to come out. I had a physical copy but it somehow went missing years ago...

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Before-Released-Supremes/dp/B000008K95

RossHolloway Guest
    About half of those tracks can be found on recent expanded editions and frankly I'd rather UM focus on the expanded editions than re-releasing this cd. Although I think this version of Fancy Passes is a differen take than the one on the cd There's A Place For Us.

I hope that it never happens as it's only a compilation and the majority of the tracks have now appeared elsewhere. I'm sure that Hip-O will stick to proper studio or live albums.

Maybe this is a release they could put on iTunes?

There won't be a need to re-release this since all of the tracks will be remixed and remastered on the expanded edition collections once they are completed.

I have a copy of this cd,i like Mary singing lead on,Our Day Will Come.
    Please stay positive

I`m sorry ejluther, as it is still available albeit a little expensive at $50 ? I`m not in favour.I would much prefer the Martha & the Vandellas` "Unreleased Tracks" to be given an official release.I`m not really selfish it`s just that Motown is so important to me.It took me years to find copies of "Temptations Live At The Copa" and Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "What Love Has Joined Together" on cd. They were both more than $50.

I just want them to hurry up the album reissue series as my copy is showing the beginning signs of CD rot. Not sure if I can hold out till 2047 for the Disney disc to finally come out.....

I remember first seeing [[& buying!!!) this CD, "The Rogers & Hart Collection" and "Motown: Around The World" all appearing at the music store at the same time. It was so exciting to have yet more unreleased tracks after the 25th Anniversary release a year before!!! I still have the CD I bought in 87-88 and it is in my I-tunes library. I think this would be a great collection to make available via I-Tunes! Since they won't likely re-release this set, pass them along as presented on this CD in I-Tunes

I totally agree Glenpwood. As I had stated in another thread there are at least 19 more 60's Supremes albums including the Disney album that need the hip-o treatment as well as other Motown titles/Artists. If they kept doing one Supremes album a year that would equal up to 19 years obviously, that we would have to wait for the final 60's Supremes album to get released through hip-o. I do wish there was a way we could at least get 4-5 60's Supremes releases a year umong others.

I`m sorry ejluther, as it is still available albeit a little expensive at $50 ? I`m not in favour.I would much prefer the Martha & the Vandellas` "Unreleased Tracks" to be given an official release.
    I totally agree and didn't mean to imply that I wanted this re-released instead of other albums - far from it. As I said, I'm hoping the tracks just continue to see the light of day again via the terrific HIP-O releases which, hopefully, will someday start to come faster. I just thought I'd start the thread to talk about the CD since it's a bit of a rare find these days...

Well members are dropping like flies around here so I hope they release this stuff before it's too late.

Penny

Well put Penny.

I was in London in 1987 as a member of the Amsterdam based all gay men's choir Noot Aan De Man, for an international Gay Choir Festival. Most members stayed at members of the The Pink Singers' homes. My hosts gave this cd to me as a present. It was my first knowledge of unreleased DRATS material that saw the light officially. I was on cloud nine.

Since it's release in the late 80's a lot of the material has turned up on newer releases. When I see the asking price for this item, it makes me want to make a copy of the copy I own and pay a bill with it. Alas I can't, I loved it when I got it about 15 years ago, but haven't played it much lately but I can't part with it.

I even got 2 copies: a dutch and an american cut-out copy!