[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson Tiny Desk Concert

Surprised that no one’s posted this yet:
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-17-2023 at 07:15 AM.

What a great post! What a great concept! Literally a concert from behind a tiny desk. I love the rawness and immediacy of this. Most astonishing is how good Smokey is here and the band/backing singers sound incredible. [[And actual STRINGS!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    What a great post! What a great concept! Literally a concert from behind a tiny desk. I love the rawness and immediacy of this. Most astonishing is how good Smokey is here and the band/backing singers sound incredible. [[And actual STRINGS!)
    Finally someone bit! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Finally someone bit! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Actually, I noticed this the day you posted it and was going to check in to say how much I enjoyed it, but it was "one of those days" lol!

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Actually, I noticed this the day you posted it and was going to check in to say how much I enjoyed it, but it was "one of those days" lol!
    Ha! I hear ya. You must check out the whole series of "Tiny Desk Concerts" from NPR. No genre, generation or taste left out. They're such a joy.

Ha! I hear ya. You must check out the whole series of "Tiny Desk Concerts" from NPR. No genre, generation or taste left out. They're such a joy.
    I sent the link to myself so I'll check it out. NPR really has great musical moments! Thanks!

Smoke's Tiny Desk was quite literally the highlight of the week - and it was a pretty epic week!! I really enjoyed the fact that he honed in on his solo work during this performance. His 1970s output is especially suited to pared down, semi-acoustic treatment. Very compelling.
    Surprised that no one’s posted this yet:
    Last edited by Ms. T; 10-25-2023 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. T View Post
    Smoke's Tiny Desk was quite literally the highlight of the week - and it was a pretty epic week!!
    Glad you enjoyed it! He's in fine fettle here...and his band and singers are blazing.

The great smokey still doing it...smokey forever!!!

Here's a tiny desk concert including some Diana Ross & other songs that I wish were performed as well in [[big) concerts these days.

Oh - and for those of you that don't know - Nile is 71 years old and has gone through abuse problems, cancer scares, but is still performing all over the world as good as ever.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-31-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Here's a tiny desk concert including some Diana Ross & other songs that I wish were performed as well in [[big) concerts these days.

Oh - and for those of you that don't know - Nile is 71 years old and has gone through abuse problems, cancer scares, but is still performing all over the world as good as ever.
    Yes!!! This was unmitigated FIRE!!! I've been meaning to post this, so thanks, LST!