[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross FT Rhonda Ross - Live at Royal Albert Hall London. 14 October 2023

2 hour show

So what does everyone think???.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    So what does everyone think???.
    Far from her heyday. The tight dresses emphasize her aging figure.

The whole show would be enormously better with large live screen videos so everyone can see the legend well in real time. This is normal for most artists.

5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Far from her heyday. The tight dresses emphasize her aging figure.

The whole show would be enormously better with large live screen videos so everyone can see the legend well in real time. This is normal for most artists.

5/10
    That would expose her lip syncing. I saw a video of a more close up of her doing Come See About Me and she flubbed a couple of times with the lip syncing.

[QUOTE=Circa 1824;779236]The whole show would be enormously better with large live screen videos so everyone can see the legend well in real time. This is normal for most artists.QUOTE]

At the Amsterdam show last Thursday there actually were quite a few large screens which showed her performing, thus it might have to do less with Ross, but more with the venue.
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 3.02.40 PM.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  20.1 KB

Yes, there would be a problem placing them in the RAH.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    That would expose her lip syncing. I saw a video of a more close up of her doing Come See About Me and she flubbed a couple of times with the lip syncing.
    when she played the “snippet” from her last album, she was clearly lip syncing or quietly singing along to her prerecorded vocal track. The snippet ended early and her aged voice could be heard for a second before she realized what happened. Her live band was clearly NOT playing during that snippet, but were pretending they were.

there is absolutely no other way for almost any 80-year-old singer to sound like the audience wants and expects. She could not perform otherwise. She struggles to stay on tune.

When she sang Love Hangover at the Beyoncé concert, it “appeared” her mic was off during the first part of the song. I think it was intentional on her part to avoid sounding terrible.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 10-17-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Yes, there are clearly some parts in the concert in which some pre-recorded vocals are used for enhancement, but for me that does not take anything away from the experience. Also, there clearly were some moments where her voice "cracked" -- on Sunday, she even explicitly mentioned that when she introduced "Home," adding that she hoped the audience wouldn't mind. Of course, it would be wonderful if Diana Ross would sound the same as she did in the HBO Las Vegas concert, singing The Boss, but hey, she's a human being. The audience clearly had a great time, and so did I for that matter, so I think they got exactly what they wanted and expected.